Some good points | The Boneyard

Some good points

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There are always recruiting duds. Ollie just seems to home in on them.

Reaction Score

I beg to differ on this one. UConn has the #25 and the #41 out there. Everyone else is out of the top 100. Anderson and Onuorah are 2 stars. Guys in our frontcourt like Whaley and Carlton are 150-250. Vital is a 100-200.

Villanova has #17, #80, #42, #93, #21, DiVincenzo is 100-150 and so is Painter.

So it's just not true.

Reaction Score
The team didn't quit this time. It was just overmatched. They did quit against Arkansas. They were completely out of sorts against Memphis. But they played with mild intensity throughout this one.

The couldn't shoot coming into this season. They still can't shoot.

They can't play man to man defense. Too slow, too poor at communication. So we play zone. It's tougher to rebound in zone.

We have so many weaknesses, to shore up one area we have open up another weakness even wider.

To win we have to play a scrappy, ugly game, at a slow pace, and take care of the ball.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I beg to differ on this one. UConn has the #25 and the #41 out there. Everyone else is out of the top 100. Anderson and Onuorah are 2 stars. Guys in our frontcourt like Whaley and Carlton are 150-250. Vital is a 100-200.

So it's just not true.
This guy must've been looking at UConn's 2016 recruiting class.

Reaction Score

So it's just not true.

That is true, but the talent differential in recruiting should not translate to a butt whopping of that proportion.

And certainly not the whoppings we received from Arkansas, Auburn and Memphis.

Reaction Score
The team didn't quit this time. It was just overmatched. They did quit against Arkansas. They were completely out of sorts against Memphis. But they played with mild intensity throughout this one.

They can't play man to man defense. Too slow, too poor at communication. So we play zone. It's tougher to rebound in zone.

We have so many weaknesses, to shore up one area we have open up another weakness even wider.

To win we have to play a scrappy, ugly game, at a slow pace, and take care of the ball.
Yeah and they have a horrible coach in KO who has no idea to develop big men and run an offense besides ISO's for Jalen.

Reaction Score
That is true, but the talent differential in recruiting should not translate to a butt whopping of that proportion

Big talent differential in recruiting frequently results in big butt whoopings. Recruiting is what it is all about. I mentioned the Spellman recruiting in the game thread. We finished 2nd to Villanova coming off a national championship, before Villanova won theirs. Why?

The result of that recruitment says everything about UConn's ability to get players to compete with Villanova.

Reaction Score
Big talent differential in recruiting frequently results in big butt whoopings. Recruiting is what it is all about. I mentioned the Spellman recruiting in the game thread. We finished 2nd to Villanova coming off a national championship, before Villanova won theirs. Why?

The result of that recruitment says everything about UConn's ability to get players to compete with Villanova.

Right, but even going off recruiting rankings, we shouldn't have been dominated to the extent that we were.

Basically what I'm saying is there is a talent differential but not a "big" talent differential

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Right, but even going off recruiting rankings, we shouldn't have dominated to the extent that we were.

Basically what I'm saying is there is a talent differential but not a "big" talent differential

We can stay within striking distance of Villanova for 10 minutes, and then you bring in Anderson and Onuorah and even Diarra, and well, that's all she wrote.

Reaction Score
We can stay within striking distance of Villanova for 10 minutes, and then you bring in Anderson and Onuorah and even Diarra, and well, that's all she wrote.

Basically what I'm saying is fire Kevin Ollie and go to the new Big East

Reaction Score
Basically what I'm saying is fire Kevin Ollie and go to the new Big East

The New BE is doomed. It has 10 years at most before the bleeding becomes too much. Not enough money and the P5 is going to split with the NCAA and take all the money it can.

Reaction Score
The New BE is doomed. It has 10 years at most before the bleeding becomes too much. Not enough money and the P5 is going to split with the NCAA and take all the money it can.

I agree that you can make the case that the NBE is doomed.

The P5 will never split off though, for a whole lot of reasons.

But that's a topic for another thread

pj

Reaction Score
It's not only a talent differential, it's an experience and team chemistry differential. Apart from Adams and Vital, none of these guys played together before this year. The big men are new to college basketball.

Reaction Score
Cmon Torres looking at who Villanova has in top 20 player in Brunson, bridges who’s a lottery pick btw,spellman another 5 Star guy who redshirted lol,divinci another top 100 recruit who comes off the bench, booth a four year stud seasoned glue guy, paschal a transfer who was the man in the A10 and all of these guys can shoot the 3 well can shoot period

Reactions: pj

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Dunkin Donuts stand was giving away free donuts at the end of the game.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

This is not what happened. Nova played bad, UConn played how they always do.

Reaction Score
I just couldn’t get over the fact that our players kept going under the screen instead of moving up to get over the screen which led to 8!made 3’s smh , cus when u move up on the screen u dictate what the offense player will do so ya teammate covering the screener can sit back in the paint and help off

Reaction Score
Hey, couldn't watch the game in it's entirety. Saw a tweet CV was down and grabbing his knee? I guess it wasn't serious but anyone have any details on what happened? Thanks

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score

Nicely said. They fought 'til the end this time that is a good sign. Turnovers and the Wildcats' deadly outside shooting and domination on the offensive boards cost us.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
This is not what happened. Nova played bad, UConn played how they always do.
Nova didn't play badly. They started out shooting poorly but once that was corrected they played their brand of ball and played it well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom