Some First Week Observations and Questions | The Boneyard

Some First Week Observations and Questions

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
1) Are the women's teams not shaking hands after the games again this year? Every game I've seen this year.. no handshakes.... and it seems like the some of the squads are not even lingering on the court. Game over.... run back to the locker room. The men's games that I have watched... there was a normal handshake line just like 2019-2020.

2) Doesn't look like the extended 3pt line has had any effect on teams willingness to gun from distance.

Reaction Score
NC State looked much better today and they still don’t have Jada Boyd. I was able to watch some Notre Dame and came away thinking they look better than I thought. LSU has a ways to go. I feel different than most about Stanford, like last year, wasn’t impressed with them and still not (although they won lol). Final four prediction: South Carolina, UConn, Maryland, NC State.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
UCONN and Ark shook hands.

Good game going on right now between Stanford and Texas if anyones interested. Texas looks tough against defending champs.
Texas looks good--Harmon is electric. Through one half she's the most impressive frosh I've seen in the first week of the season...granted I've only watched a handful of games, but she's going to be a handful for opponents. Moore looks good too. I think Texas could take the Big 12 this year if they can produce enough offense.

Reaction Score
Texas looks good--Harmon is electric. Through one half she's the most impressive frosh I've seen in the first week of the season...granted I've only watched a handful of games, but she's going to be a handful for opponents. Moore looks good too. I think Texas could take the Big 12 this year if they can produce enough offense.
Yeah Texas looks really good and I’m impressed they’re doing what they’re doing being so undersized. They also have 9 more shot attempts than Stanford.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Yeah Texas looks really good and I’m impressed they’re doing what they’re doing being so undersized. They also have 9 more shot attempts than Stanford.
Honestly I think they'll be better this year without Collier, despite losing her size. She never struck me as a gritty Vic Schaefer type of player and consistently disappeared against good teams. Moore and Gaston are smaller but both are strong and physical.

Reaction Score
Honestly I think they'll be better this year without Collier, despite losing her size. She never struck me as a gritty Vic Schaefer type of player and consistently disappeared against good teams. Moore and Gaston are smaller but both are strong and physical.
Haven’t followed Texas much, so can’t speak a lot for last year. But wow is their full court press and overall pressure off inbounds impressive. A really quick team, really well coached of course and seemingly pretty decent at executing the game plan. Good thing Stanford is really good on the line or else it might be a different game.

Reaction Score
1) Are the women's teams not shaking hands after the games again this year? Every game I've seen this year.. no handshakes.... and it seems like the some of the squads are not even lingering on the court. Game over.... run back to the locker room. The men's games that I have watched... there was a normal handshake line just like 2019-2020.

2) Doesn't look like the extended 3pt line has had any effect on teams willingness to gun from distance.
SC and SD shook hands and so did SC and NCState.

Reaction Score
Vic Schaefer's thing has always been defense. The only team he couldn't tame has been SC. If you only see him once in a while it's pretty tough to navigate. SC hasn't had much trouble, but we saw him multiple times every year. He does give a good blueprint for beating better teams though if you have the players to run it.

Reaction Score
Is it me or does Stanford look like a Volleyball team today?
I don’t understand why they’re not looking to utilize their height at all. Haven’t seen much post ups and should probably give up shooting from deep this game. Definitely looking volleyball esc

Reaction Score
Vic is doing a good job of exploiting Stanford not having a point guard. Doesn’t exactly have an offense as always but it helps to have an offensive player that can create their own shot like Harmon

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Matharu should start
1636927436643.png

Reaction Score
Mississippi State played Alcorn State. R Jackson and A Jones were not available tonight due to some unlisted illness but on the sidelines. Youngest Hayes and M Moore are still hurt. K Godfrey entered the portal, allegedly pulled out but was not there tonight. Therefore only eight players were available. It was 31-30 at half and it easily could have been flipped.

MSU outscored ASU 35-7 in the third quarter to blow open the game. Coach Novak made some minor adjustments on the defense by mixing in a press. There were at least three straight possessions where MSU stole the inbound pass and turned it into points. They were switching off in the perimeter and got a couple of steals by jumping in the passing lanes. They also ran more set plays on offense. He inverted things several times to post up J Jordan. I’ve been very impressed with the in game changes he makes, especially after halftime.
There are no illusions of an SEC championship or even higher than a mid pack finish but the staff has done a good job with the hand dealt. Assistant Ernie Benton continues to be an emotional leader on the sidelines.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

I have noticed players stepping out of bounds trying to get behind the line.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
SC and SD shook hands and so did SC and NCState.

Well Duke hasn't shook a hand this year... HPU and Elon didn't.... neither did UNCG and Wake Forest. Maybe its just the teams that I root for that are allergic to handshakes :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
First week observation: PARITY grows in WCBB. With the early competitive scheduling across WCBB TOP 25, I don't see any team going undefeated in the regular season.

Reaction Score
Well Duke hasn't shook a hand this year... HPU and Elon didn't.... neither did UNCG and Wake Forest. Maybe its just the teams that I root for that are allergic to handshakes :rolleyes:

South Carolina plays both Duke and Elon later in the season. We'll see who the donkey is in this.......

Reaction Score
No alcohol hand cleaner? I guess NC still has dry counties

Reaction Score

I have noticed some players look over after the game and wave. My guess is that some schools have a preference for no hand shaking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom