OT: - Some early thoughts/predictions for next year’s nonconfrence games | The Boneyard

OT: Some early thoughts/predictions for next year’s nonconfrence games

Reaction Score
Just some thoughts and predictions for next years nonconfrence games:
Ball state
Dayton
Minnesota
Nc state
Sc
Norte dame
Texas
Unc
Maryland
Louisville

Reaction Score
SC, ND, MD, TX will be very competitive, fun to watch. Same for LSU or UCLA, if we chance to face them in the Bahamas.

But Ball St. will be a war -- I can hardly wait!

Reaction Score
Im really interested for Louisville. I don’t know what to expect with all their transfers since what happened this year with them

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Next year could be a lot of fun.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
With a few excellant players still in the portal zone (and with a few weeks remaining to enter), predictions could change day by day. I'll make a note to revisit this thread in November. :):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Im really interested for Louisville. I don’t know what to expect with all their transfers since what happened this year with them
Louisville WBB will be playing in GLOBL JAM the Canadian International Tournament this summer
in Toronto in July ( 7- 14 - 7 -16??). At that time we may be able to get a good insight into how those new players mesh.
July, of course, may be too early to tell, but it should be good opportunity for Louisville to
JUMP START their program (pun intended)!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just some thoughts and predictions for next years nonconfrence games:
Ball state
Dayton
Minnesota
Nc state
Sc
Norte dame
Texas
Unc
Maryland
Louisville
Ball State and Minnesota I understand, but why Dayton? The bottom 7 will provide all of the competition UConn wants. IF UConn starts the season completely healthy and can remain so, they should be favored in each of those games and should arrive at the holiday break undefeated. UConn will be very talented, but so are all of the bottom 7. A 14-player roster should insulate Geno against any unforeseen minor/temporary injuries.

Reaction Score
SC, ND, MD, TX will be very competitive, fun to watch. Same for LSU or UCLA, if we chance to face them in the Bahamas.

But Ball St. will be a war -- I can hardly wait!
I'm not vindictive or seeking payback to those teams that thought they won the NC while beating a depleted Uconn team. The heck I'm not. bring on Maryland/SC/nd!

Reaction Score
Louisville WBB will be playing in GLOBL JAM the Canadian International Tournament this summer
in Toronto in July ( 7- 14 - 7 -16??). At that time we may be able to get a good insight into how those new players mesh.
July, of course, may be too early to tell, but it should be good opportunity for Louisville to
JUMP START their program (pun intended)!
Thanks for the info. I'm a Louisville season ticket holder and didn't know that. I'm also 50% Canadian. Road trip????

Reaction Score
Ball State and Minnesota I understand, but why Dayton? The bottom 7 will provide all of the competition UConn wants. IF UConn starts the season completely healthy and can remain so, they should be favored in each of those games and should arrive at the holiday break undefeated. UConn will be very talented, but so are all of the bottom 7. A 14-player roster should insulate Geno against any unforeseen minor/temporary injuries.
A 20 member team last year wouldn't have insulated this team. Let us wait to see I hope Italy repeats its effect.

Reaction Score
If I’m not mistaken, I believe Tamika Williams-Jeter, Dayton‘s new coach, went to UCONN.

Reaction Score
In my mind, everything depends upon where, when and what time we play them and when and where our preceding game was played and against whom.

Carnac

Reaction Score
A 20 member team last year wouldn't have insulated this team. Let us wait to see I hope Italy repeats its effect.
Let me be more specific......a 14-member roster would not prevent injuries. That was not the point I was trying to make. It would have allowed Geno much more flexibility to work with the ones that were dressed. My thoughts here are that a 14-player roster would have prevented us from having to postpone a game and play several others with only the minimum 7 players dressed that featured a bench with a freshman and a sophomore, neither of whom were experienced, and could not be used for long periods of time.

A 20-player roster would have been a great benefit during that time, assuming there were players on it that could play. It would have given Geno a myriad of options and would have prevented his starters from having to play 36-40 minutes a game.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If I’m not mistaken, I believe Tamika Williams-Jeter, Dayton‘s new coach, went to UCONN.
Ahhh yep. Part of the greatest (or 2nd greatest) recruiting class ever. TASSK force. She still holds the record for highest FG % for a season and career at UCONN.

Reaction Score
Ball State and Minnesota I understand, but why Dayton?
If Geno did it as a favor for Tamika good for him. Tamika Williams was part of the great class with Sue, Swin and Asjha and helped lead the team to 2 national championships. She played in 132 games and had a career field goal percentage of 70.3 % , the highest in UConn history.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
If Geno did it as a favor for Tamika good for him. Tamika Williams was part of the great class with Sue, Swin and Ashja and helped lead the team to 2 national championships. She played in 132 games and had a field goal percentage of 70.3 % , the highest in UConn history.
Now.....I completely understand and agree. You always help your former players that have turned coach if you can. Having UConn on your OOC schedule helps your recruiting efforts if nothing else. :cool: Momma said, "If you don't know, ask!!" I didn't know, that's why I asked.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If Geno did it as a favor for Tamika good for him. Tamika Williams was part of the great class with Sue, Swin and Asjha and helped lead the team to 2 national championships. She played in 132 games and had a career field goal percentage of 70.3 % , the highest in UConn history.
Just checked she also holds the Career FG% NCAA record.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom