Some Big East Loyalty For A Change... | The Boneyard

Some Big East Loyalty For A Change...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
In being mentioned through the rumor mill for the Arkansas head coaching job, Skip Holtz essentially says no, I like it where I am:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...lattering-says-i-am-not-looking-to-leave-usf/

I know that these are all just rumors, and the article even goes as far as to say that Holtz might not be completely off the board for the job if it would even be offered to him, but it's just nice to see some vocal loyalty and press for the Big East after years of constant poaching of both teams and coaches.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
It's not loyalty at all, I'm afraid: the timing (and probably the price as well) just isn't right...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Meanwhile C. Strong is telling recruits that Lville is going to the B12.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In being mentioned through the rumor mill for the Arkansas head coaching job, Skip Holtz essentially says no, I like it where I am

That's what you say when you know you aren't going to get the job.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
@ Epark; I can say with relative confidence that the money as an Arkansas head coach will be better than the USF head coaching job.

@Waquoit; as per this linked article, "...the son of Lou Holtz becomes an instant front-runner." So no, he's not saying it because he knows he won't get the job.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/10/potential-replacements-for-petrino-at-arkansas/

Sometimes, people actually like where they are. In fact, it always felt to me that if Skip Holtz's mom wasn't sick, he would have been the coach at UConn to carry us into 1-A territory, and the name Edsall would be some journeyman assistant coach. Strange how life works sometimes. But I am going to stick to my earlier statement and at least enjoy for the moment that someone in this conference is actually choosing to stay put...

Reaction Score
I'm still waiting for Schiano's press conference where he announces he's staying at Syracuse Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom