Some Advice Needed | The Boneyard

Some Advice Needed

Reaction Score
I lost my job back in August and have been having a hell of a time trying to find another one. After a lot of thought and deliberations and numerous conversations with family and friends, I decided that I'd like to go back to school (namely UConn) to be a dentist.

I already have a bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering. This leads me to having a few questions while I wait for a call back from the admissions office. The website wasn't much help and left me more confused than before I visited. Does having a bachelor's help or hinder you getting into the dentistry program? Does it matter at all? Will I have to start over? And if so I heard Tunxis is partnered with uconn for Dentistry. Has anyone used Tunxis for anything related to dentistry?

Any dentists out there have any advice for me while I wait for admissions to call me back?

Thanks!

Reaction Score
I lost my job back in August and have been having a hell of a time trying to find another one. After a lot of thought and deliberations and numerous conversations with family and friends, I decided that I'd like to go back to school (namely UConn) to be a dentist.

I already have a bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering. This leads me to having a few questions while I wait for a call back from the admissions office. The website wasn't much help and left me more confused than before I visited. Does having a bachelor's help or hinder you getting into the dentistry program? Does it matter at all? Will I have to start over? And if so I heard Tunxis is partnered with uconn for Dentistry. Has anyone used Tunxis for anything related to dentistry?

Any dentists out there have any advice for me while I wait for admissions to call me back?

Thanks!

Frequently Asked Questions › Predoctoral Program › School of Dental Medicine › UConn Health

For initial review you should have a science GPA of 3.2 and a DAT total science score of 19. Over the past two years incoming students have had an average science GPA of 3.5 and DAT total science score of 21.

During the 2013-2014 application year approximately 1,300 applications were received. Of these, 160 were interviewed and offers were eventually made to approximately 80.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Thanks!
I have a friend who graduated from UConn dentistry a few years ago. PM me your email/info and I'll shoot him a note...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom