Solomon Ball will arrive in Storrs with a plan in place | The Boneyard

Solomon Ball will arrive in Storrs with a plan in place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Next year, not this year. Figured I'd point that out before anyone gets all excited. Lol. From the Courant.

“You look down the line of all the other great players that have been there and look at the different rafters with different players,” he said. “It’s something to look up to. It’s motivation. It makes me want to work every day.”

Alternate free link:

Oozing confidence: UConn men’s basketball Class of 2023 recruit Solomon Ball will arrive in Storrs with a plan in place

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Kid has me stoked. Perfect complement player for Castle. He was a knockdown 3 pt. shooter before his growth spurt. Let’s hope he regains that ability.

One thing we won’t have to concern ourselves with is his work ethic.

Reaction Score
Great read. Sounds like a perfect match up with coach Hurley, because of the early coaching he has had.

Can't wait to see him in Storrs. I wonder if he'll wear #1?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This is a great article. Inspired young man with elite athleticism. Sounds prepped for the physical demands of DH practices and someone who will love the S & C program. Love to be able to see him in practices when he gets here and squares off against his new teammates.

Reaction Score
Dude has a wide body!
1658163663325.png

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Just hope the his plan and Hurley's plan for him are compatible.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just hope the his plan and Hurley's plan for him are compatible.
Everything I’ve read about the kid indicates he is an incredibly hard worker. I’m not seeing the potential for an issue.

Reaction Score
Figured I'd put this here and not start a new thread for something minor.

Solomon Ball, Team Melo, committed to UConn – Ball is the name that people may not be talking about enough coming out of July. He was tops in the EYBL in scoring efficiency among volume scorers (per Synergy), while averaging 16 points per game and over a point per possession. The long and athletic lefty has added close to 25 pounds of muscle mass in the last year and taken his explosiveness to new levels in the process. He owns a reported 40-inch vertical and 6-foot-10 wingspan, but maintains the same shot-making ability that was the basis of his game before his physical transformation. He gets down hill, plays through contact, is a menace in transition, a good cutter, perimeter rebounder, and has untapped upside as a creator off the dribble and potentially versatile defender.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Figured I'd put this here and not start a new thread for something minor.

Solomon Ball, Team Melo, committed to UConn – Ball is the name that people may not be talking about enough coming out of July. He was tops in the EYBL in scoring efficiency among volume scorers (per Synergy), while averaging 16 points per game and over a point per possession. The long and athletic lefty has added close to 25 pounds of muscle mass in the last year and taken his explosiveness to new levels in the process. He owns a reported 40-inch vertical and 6-foot-10 wingspan, but maintains the same shot-making ability that was the basis of his game before his physical transformation. He gets down hill, plays through contact, is a menace in transition, a good cutter, perimeter rebounder, and has untapped upside as a creator off the dribble and potentially versatile defender.

Good Lord. He’s becoming Andre Jackson with a jump shot. I really do think Hurley has a great eye for talent. He finds kids before they blow up.

Reaction Score
Good Lord. He’s becoming Andre Jackson with a jump shot. I really do think Hurley has a great eye for talent. He finds kids before they blow up.
You kind of have to right now if you are not Duke or Kentucky

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Did find it interesting they listed him as a pure two guard vs a combo.
Makes sense tbh. He’s not a playmaker yet, and he’s coming in with a true point in Castle. His ability to handle the ball will be useful to take pressure off whichever point he’s playing with.

Reaction Score
What a lucky guy. He’s already seeing a melonhead running across the road heading into the swampy woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom