Solomon Ball is Freshmen of the Week | The Boneyard

Solomon Ball is Freshmen of the Week

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
OMG, how is this guy playing so much?

I love Solo, and everyone on the team. I especially love watching kids grow and then pursue their dreams

We truly are lucky

ARROGANT & SPOILED

Reaction Score
I had the same expectations as everyone for Castle’s high upside coming out of high school. One and done potential.

But my oh my… Solo Ball. Fantastic start to a UConn career. He will likely be given the keys to lead this team next year. Great investment for Hurley and kudos to the staff on giving him minutes and confidence. He’s playing great.

Reaction Score
Solo is a real breakout candidate for next year. He's (rightly) deferring to more experienced and effecient players now. When he develop the confidence to violently attack the rim, he's averaging double-digit ppg.

Reaction Score
Solo Ball seems to have superstar potential, he’s only a few games into his career and we’ve seen flashes of it. Next year is breakout.

Reaction Score
Solo is breaking out this year. Getting better by the game.

I mean, I'm not sure that's true... he's having up and downs. Looked great vs. UNC, and dropped the ball vs. APB of all teams. It's expected though--that's what freshman do.

Reaction Score
Was hoping AK had a chance at player of the week, but Kolek had a big game against TX and played well against ND...maybe this coming week for AK against the Zags?

Reaction Score
Solo is breaking out this year. Getting better by the game.
I'm with you SoR! Until Solomon plateaus, I could see him improving to the point of being "broken out". Obviously expectation is soph will be better than frosh, but with his tools, if his improvement curve stays steep for the next 6 weeks, he'll be a real factor for us, and our opponents as we head to tournament time.

How exactly do you evaluate when the "break out" has occurred? Stats+consistency??

Reaction Score
You can see his game developing quickly and the athleticism. He's going to be tough too handle as that shot starts to fall and defenses have to over commit as he blows by them for the swish or dish. Defensively he has the potential to force turnovers and convert in transition as well. Expect more of these weeks.

Reaction Score
Nice honor for the young man. But he is a freshman and we should expect him to be somewhat inconsistent from one week to the next. The main thing is Hurley trusts him on defense. Keep that up and he will see significant minutes.

Offensively he is a work in progress. But given the level of the players around him, he will get opportunities. If he gets hot for a couple of games he could bring home that award again.

But please.....do NOT compare him the Castle. Castle can score 14 points just in the flow of the game. And Hurley calls him the best defender on the team. It's not fair to either of them to compare them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom