OT: Solheim Cup scoreboard....starts EARLY Friday. | The Boneyard

OT: Solheim Cup scoreboard....starts EARLY Friday.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score

TV schedule Golf Channel
Friday 3:00 AM- 1:30 PM...our time
Saturday same as above
Sunday 6:30 AM-1:00 PM

Friday and Saturday
4 matches of alternate shot
4 matches of best ball
Sunday 12 singles.

Matches at Gleneagles in Scotland.

We have 6 rookies out of 12 players.
One of the rookies is Meghan Khan...I think she is around 21. Meghan is from eastern Ma. and when
she was a young teen [maybe 14-15] she won back to back Ct. Women's Open titles. She is a very steady Eddie player...nice to see a
New Englander doing well on the LPGA tour...she was an automatic qualifier....not a captain's pick.

The USA typically beats the Euros in the Solheim Cup. If the USA played South Korea they might not be the favorites.

Go USA!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
After alternate shot matches: Europe 2 and 1/2
USA 1 and 1/2

Midway thru best ball: Europe leading in 3 matches....USA in 1.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Day 1 score 4.5 Eur to 3.5 US
Think about how irrelevant the LPGA is becoming each year without a TV deal that the masses can get. I like golf but even I couldn’t name the top US players...:oops:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Brutal wind (and temp) conditions Shaping up to be a close match entering Sunday. At moment, would be 8-8

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Going down to the wire. Fun watch.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
America cough's it up at the end. Suzann Pettersen with guts pulls it out on the final put on 18. And nothing to do with UConn. :oops:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
For the record my initial post [I think] had in its title 'OT'...how that disappeared I do not know.
Obviously it had nothing to do with UConn....similar to many threads in the summer.

Saturday viewing was entertaining due to brutal weather.
Sunday viewing was exciting....ups/downs...overall great golf with the Euros finishing matches well....something they did not do the first two days.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
For the record my initial post [I think] had in its title 'OT'...how that disappeared I do not know.
Obviously it had nothing to do with UConn....similar to many threads in the summer.

Saturday viewing was entertaining due to brutal weather.
Sunday viewing was exciting....ups/downs...overall great golf with the Euros finishing matches well....something they did not do the first two days.
Your initial post did have "OT" posted on it.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Day 1 score 4.5 Eur to 3.5 US
Think about how irrelevant the LPGA is becoming each year without a TV deal that the masses can get. I like golf but even I couldn’t name the top US players...:oops:
There are no top USA players.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Lexi Thompson is world #3...I believe. The overall quality of players on the tour has never been better....imo...but the lack of Americans does hurt the appeal. Several commentators...some of them American....have suggested that the Asian players simply outwork Americans.

BTW: in 2008 Lexi at 13 won the USGA17U championship at the Hartford Golf Club...the best junior event in the world. She was far and away the most talented player there..I was delighted to see her play several rounds....with some frequent wisdom from her dad about her background and swing.
She has won one major and maybe 8 or 9 other events...a 'good' start to what was anticipated to be a 'great' career. Putting has been her primary problem area.

The Korda sisters...USA'ers….have the potential to be similarly ranked....Jessica and Nellie....maybe around 24 and 21.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom