OT: - Softball: Oklahoma loses one...really! | The Boneyard

OT: Softball: Oklahoma loses one...really!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score

Oklahoma...doing a pretty fair imitation of the UConn women's program...won their
3rd straight national title and now has a winning streak of 53 games.

The link describes a big loss for them...losing Jordy Bahl who is transferring back to her home state
and will enroll in the University of Nebraska...with 2 years of eligibility left.

I saw her pitch several times in the World Series...started games/relieved as well...she was superb.
Actually the article mentions a second pitcher [graduating] who also won't be back.

OU can hit for average...hit for power...can field and pitch...and are deep.
Maybe a higher hill to climb for 4 in a row given these losses but I suspect they will get to the
World Series and then see what happens. Their incoming frosh class....no idea of who is in
it but wouldn't be surprised if some elite recruits are already taking classes in Norman as are
UConn's Jana/KK/Ashlynn and Qadence in Storrs.

Reaction Score
There is nothing like playing in front of your friends and family. She has done everything anyone could ask of her at Oklahoma and now she will go and play for the love of the game.

Reaction Score
If you watched her interviews after Oklahoma won, you could tell that she was as much upset as happy...........the Sooners have had great success bringing in transfers in the past to improve their pitching so I would expect they will do the same......... if there are any good pitchers out there....

Reaction Score
Doesn't hurt Oklahoma to play at "home" during the College World Series, 20 miles from campus.
That place is like the Master's to golf. Every kid wants to play their one day and it is the home of Fast Pitch Softball. I haven't been for the new format but back when my daughter played we went and it was just an amazing time. Being a home game in softball isn't that big of a deal like it is in other sports. Oklahoma having success in the World Series is a recent thing and it is more a tribute to the coach than nay of the other components.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I agree there isn't a lot of parity. That said, those are top teams, but it is slightly misleading. Oklahoma State has been a more recent World Series regular; other teams have had some success, ASU had a couple strong seasons, Texas A&M as well, and lets not forget Arizona for all those years. Georgia and LSU deserve some mention as well, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom