sobering fact, we have work to do | The Boneyard

sobering fact, we have work to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
it's March, and we're not in the dance yet, and it was all so doable save for ugly late game collapses and mysterious recurring lapses in too many games

I can no longer pretend to have any solutions, I just "hope" that Mr Hyde shows up for all our remaining games

Reaction Score
Win AAC tourni or substantial risk we don't get in and we get that wonderful national attention on Selection Sunday of being a "snubbed" team.
We're not just bubble - we're AAC bubble. I don't believe beating SMU gets us in. And I don't believe we're going to beat SMU in any case.

Reaction Score
Really will feel bad for Shonn Miller if we don't make it. He has had a great year and deserves to play in the Dance.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
it's March, and we're not in the dance yet, and it was all so doable save for ugly late game collapses and mysterious recurring lapses in too many games

I can no longer pretend to have any solutions, I just "hope" that Mr Hyde shows up for all our remaining games

Isn't Mr. Hyde supposed to be the one you don't want to show up?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Win AAC tourni or substantial risk we don't get in and we get that wonderful national attention on Selection Sunday of being a "snubbed" team.
We're not just bubble - we're AAC bubble. I don't believe beating SMU gets us in. And I don't believe we're going to beat SMU in any case.

That's looking at it less than half full. If we beat SMU, we are solidly in. Who in the last pack of teams would be ahead?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
That's looking at it less than half full. If we beat SMU, we are solidly in. Who in the last pack of teams would be ahead?

I agree with that statement. (provided we also take care of UCF) However, how good do you feel about our chances against SMU tomorrow? I keep trying to talk myself into a win. Having a real hard time seeing it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I agree with that statement. (provided we also take care of UCF) However, how good do you feel about our chances against SMU tomorrow? I keep trying to talk myself into a win. Having a real hard time seeing it.

I do not feel good about it at all, quite frankly. I do think we have a very good shot to win the conference tournament, or pick up a couple of solid wins at least.

Reaction Score
I do not feel good about it at all, quite frankly. I do think we have a very good shot to win the conference tournament, or pick up a couple of solid wins at least.

How could you even have a good feeling about the conference tourney. We are not at home and we haven't beaten two consecutive teams in front of us the whole season, let alone possible three. We could very easily loose the first game or win the whole thing. Its a crap shoot.

Reaction Score
I love my team but in just a few short days we are going to find out whether I have any joy in my life in the month of March. The incessant promos on CBS and ESPN start going and not to have our dogs in the dance is basically intolerable, a root against fest The NIT does not exist. At this point it has been written about to the end of the earth as to who has to do what, so there is no reason to rehash here but I just have one small request to the team. Please do not make my life a living hell in the month of March.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
How could you even have a good feeling about the conference tourney. .

We are a tournament team. I can feel it in my plums.

Reaction Score
Unless we choke to UCF and first game of the tourney, we're in. Really don't get all the anxiety.

Reaction Score
Unless we choke to UCF and first game of the tourney, we're in. Really don't get all the anxiety.
Um, cause we choke games away all the time?

Reaction Score
Um, cause we choke games away all the time?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see this team choking to UCF at home on the last game of the season, especially given our performance @ UCF. AAC Tourney maybe a different story. I just don't see this team choking away a first round tourney game.

Reaction Score
This is from teamrankings -- take the numbers with a grain of salt, but they have us as the 2nd most likely team to win the AAC Tournament...and it's not really close b/w us and the next team.

upload_2016-3-2_14-35-44.png

Reaction Score
I love my team but in just a few short days we are going to find out whether I have any joy in my life in the month of March. The incessant promos on CBS and ESPN start going and not to have our dogs in the dance is basically intolerable, a root against fest The NIT does not exist. At this point it has been written about to the end of the earth as to who has to do what, so there is no reason to rehash here but I just have one small request to the team. Please do not make my life a living hell in the month of March.
It's not illegal to have a tiny bit of actual perspective, you know.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see this team choking to UCF at home on the last game of the season, especially given our performance @ UCF. AAC Tourney maybe a different story. I just don't see this team choking away a first round tourney game.
I really hope you're right. The frustrating aspect of having a team that's not great mentally, is there is really no way to know. You can't look at the prior game and use it to project anything that is going to happen in the next game because every game is basically a stand alone entity. Based upon our level of effort throughout the season, the effort we displayed against Houston is an outlier. If that is the case and we go back to playing hard, then we just have to hope we hit some threes and have one of our better games in terms of decision making.

Reaction Score
I really hope you're right. The frustrating aspect of having a team that's not great mentally, is there is really no way to know. You can't look at the prior game and use it to project anything that is going to happen in the next game because every game is basically a stand alone entity. Based upon our level of effort throughout the season, the effort we displayed against Houston is an outlier. If that is the case and we go back to playing hard, then we just have to hope we hit some threes and have one of our better games in terms of decision making.

Agreed 100%. I can't remember the last time we let a team shoot over 50% against us. Let's hope KO has the team on track the rest of the way.

Reaction Score
It's just an iceberg. Unless all six compartments breach, we'll be fine. I don't understand the anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom