OT - SOA finale & Deus ex machina | The Boneyard

OT - SOA finale & Deus ex machina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Assume this thread will have spoilers, and do not read if you have not watched it.

Seeing that there was previous discussion of this show on here, I thought it would be interesting to discuss the final episode last evening. Everything that happened all season, all the crap that should have ended in a giant poop storm, just goes away because of an out of left field plot that magically makes everything all better. I would have never thought this was a show that would use Deus ex machina in the way that Doctor Who does on a weekly basis. Really weak.

there are many other WTF things to tie it up in a pretty bow also, but whatever, I no longer feel like the show is badass and knows what they hell it is doing.

Thoughts?

prediction for next year, Clay will not take this laying down and will use the irish connection to make things hell for Jax

Reaction Score
Ya, obviously I'm a fan of the show. Loved the first 2 seasons. Thought season 3 was good, but a little over the top. This past season was my least favorite of the 4. It started out pretty good, but didn't love how they tied it all together in the finale. It was a bit much. Not giving up hope just yet. Still think it's one of the better shows out there though (although American Horror Story, Walking Dead, Justified, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Breaking Bad are pretty good too). I just can't handle one more "reality" show, singing/dancing competition type show, rehab show, make over show, or majority of the network shows (guilty pleasure though, new sitcom "New Girl" is pretty good - my wife's favorite, and it is sucking me in)

Reaction Score
It is better than most, but using a lazy ass plot device like that does the show no favors.

I really wish FX kept Terriers around, I could use that quality about now.

Reaction Score
i was extremely disappointed in the finale. pretty much every episode up until this point was freakin terrific, and to end it all with this cornball plot twist is really annoying. i'm never a fan of the "deus ex machina" as i think it's a cop out and a lazy way to resolve a conflict. having the federal agent bust up the Charming Heights meeting with the sex toys was just a really corny tie up and i expected better from this show. all the crap is still hitting the fan, so i presume this was just to drag it out for one last season. i'd have preferred everything was just resolved and call it a series. unfortunately, i have a feeling next season will be like season 3 where it's just one event being dragged out for a whole season for no other reason than to kill the viewer's time.

i thing i still don't get is that juice and bobby were in prison together. bobby obviously knows otto turned on them, but when juice gets out (why didn't they release bobby?) he doesn't mention it to anyone. i think they should have showed a little bit of what happened with the two of them while they were in the holding cell. it seems to me bobby should have figured out that juice had flipped. the way they brushed his whole situation under the rug was a really lame cop out as well.

has anyone else given AMC's Hell on Wheels a chance? it's actually quite a bit better than it's name would imply. i don't know that i'm sold on it yet, but it takes place during the construction of the intercontinental railroad and has a basic revenge plot, so i've been enjoying it so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom