So you think you're smarter than Arsene Wenger? | The Boneyard

So you think you're smarter than Arsene Wenger?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So all of a sudden Oxlade-Chamberlain is one of the hottest names in the transfer market. Shocking to no one in the world outside of AW. Whenever I watched Arsenal (not a ton, but often) and he was in the game he was a positive force. Then I would watch and he wasn't playing. Why would you have this guy on your team and not play him every possible minute? I was hoping maybe Liverpool could scoop him up but now everybody wants him. Kinda funny, me thinking I had something on Chelsea and ManU...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So all of a sudden Oxlade-Chamberlain is one of the hottest names in the transfer market.
Most young English players are. At least for EPL teams. He's just turning 24 this summer, so his best should still be coming.

Whenever I watched Arsenal (not a ton, but often) and he was in the game he was a positive force. Then I would watch and he wasn't playing.
Probably because like most Arsenal players, he was hurt.

He's a carrier. Which without Cazorla, we need. However in the middle of the field he tends to give the ball away a lot (or he has up to this point in his career). When he is on the wings, as a wingback, being a carrier works pretty good. Not sure if we are sticking with the 3-4-3 or not though.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Congrats on AW's new two year contract.
UMM-YEAH-GREAT-THANKS-meme-30237.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Arsene actually pulls the trigger and signs a player before the closing bell in August.

Welcome Alexandre Lacazette.

laca2.jpg

Reaction Score
Arsene actually pulls the trigger and signs a player before the closing bell in August.

Welcome Alexandre Lacazette.
That's out of character for AW. Solid signing tho. He played well against some big name clubs in CL last season. I'd imagine Arsenal will be even more comfortable entertaining offers for Giroud now.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's out of character for AW. Solid signing tho. He played well against some big name clubs in CL last season. I'd imagine Arsenal will be even more comfortable entertaining offers for Giroud now.
They have a lot of things to figure out. If Sanchez is leaving, they may want to keep Giroud. But Giroud, Walcott, Sanchez, Perez, Welbeck, Iwobi, Akpom, Campbell, some of them gotta leave.

I assume Campbell is gone. Most likely Perez, then probably one of Giroud, Walcott, or Sanchez.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom