So with some 2020-21 numbers who should start at the posts | The Boneyard

So with some 2020-21 numbers who should start at the posts

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Below are the 2020-21 statistics for Liv, Aaliyah, and Dorka. I separated their games against top 25 opponents and all others. No stats for total games played since the concern here seemed to be the "Big Games" and who delivered in them. So you can contrast their play against the tough and less than tough teams. Yeah, I probably made some errors. But I doubt they will alter your conclusions. Who should start Liv? Aaliyah? Dorka? Some of the averages may be skewed due to an outlier but I no longer have the patience to smooth the numbers or monkey with this anymore. Once my vision blurs, it is time to quit. Have at it!!!!

1636504391893.png

Reaction Score
Oh boy.

Everyone has been beating each other up side the head in two threads already going about Liv vs. Dorka, and now we get another one with Aaliyah thrown into the mix.

I have to appreciate the time you put into this, but count me out of this one.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Whoever Geno puts on the floor. I believe he knows more than all of us put together.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Whoever Geno puts on the floor. I believe he knows more than all of us put together.
So every board has to have kibitzer and you are this board's kibitzer. People have fun discussing what might happen or should happen, etc. If you just want Geno to take his course, why are you here? Oh yeah! Sorry! Kibitzer! Sports board folks just like to joust about their team, what their team should do, why would an 11 time NCAA coach would ever play that player in that moment? We all know Geno knows better but that gets suspended for purpose of this board. :)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
So every board has to have kibitzer and you are this board's kibitzer. People have fun discussing what might happen or should happen, etc. If you just want Geno to take his course, why are you here? Oh yeah! Sorry! Kibitzer! Sports board folks just like to joust about their team, what their team should do, why would an 11 time NCAA coach would ever play that player in that moment? We all know Geno knows better but that gets suspended for purpose of this board. :)
Or it could be that the same topic is posted more than once but with minor tweaks hoping for different results.
See post #2 above.
I am guessing if either Piath and/or Amari get some meaningful minutes, then they will be added to your mix.
And before you mention it, yes, I am aware of the Ignore (poster and thread) button. Use them often and am aware that they can be, and have been, used on me.

Reaction Score
Below are the 2020-21 statistics for Liv, Aaliyah, and Dorka. I separated their games against top 25 opponents and all others. No stats for total games played since the concern here seemed to be the "Big Games" and who delivered in them. So you can contrast their play against the tough and less than tough teams. Yeah, I probably made some errors. But I doubt they will alter your conclusions. Who should start Liv? Aaliyah? Dorka? Some of the averages may be skewed due to an outlier but I no longer have the patience to smooth the numbers or monkey with this anymore. Once my vision blurs, it is time to quit. Have at it!!!!

View attachment 70879
Enough of this debate already. Let it go. I stated my opinion months ago and have let it be.

Misinformation? Cancel Culture? What's it gonna be?

If you are going to present stats for a debate, make sure you get them right. Was there an Arizona game last year I didn't know about. Your AZ stats for ONO and AE couldn't be more wrong:
ONO played 21 min and was 0-7 from the floor and 1-4 from the line for 1 Pt
Your stats: 31 minutes, 2-7 and 3-6 for 7 pts
AE played 33 min, 3-6 and 2-4 for 8 pts
Your stats: 21 min, 3-5 and 0-2 for 6 pts

Go read a good book

PvP

Reaction Score
Enough of this debate already. Let it go. I stated my opinion months ago and have let it be.

Misinformation? Cancel Culture? What's it gonna be?

If you are going to present stats for a debate, make sure you get them right. Was there an Arizona game last year I didn't know about. Your AZ stats for ONO and AE couldn't be more wrong:
ONO played 21 min and was 0-7 from the floor and 1-4 from the line for 1 Pt
Your stats: 31 minutes, 2-7 and 3-6 for 7 pts
AE played 33 min, 3-6 and 2-4 for 8 pts
Your stats: 21 min, 3-5 and 0-2 for 6 pts

Go read a good book
Ok so Beercats got a couple of numbers wrong, it happens. And he even acknowledged that there could be errors. But he was trying to put numbers to the ongoing debate here for which I for one applaud him!

And I believe the numbers, corrected, add more to the argument that Dorka brings more to big games than Liv. I don't think this is a surprise but some people need a lot to have open minds around here.

Once again to Beercats, thanks for all your effort.

Reaction Score

View attachment 70879
Looks like we will just have to wait and see how the season evolves. UConn plays an out of conference schedule that is essentially against All Star competition. Dorka played more minutes against good, not great, teams, losing to several average to above average schools. Both her and ONO had 2 poor offensive performances last year with Dorka's 37 minutes and one point scored against Michigan (as loss) a much worst performance than any game ONO has ever played.

Reaction Score
I’d have to imagine if they’re all practicing well and perform well in games then it might be similar to what Dawn did with Cardoso and Boston and switch them out and play them together to see who/what combination is most advantageous. It’s going to be a fun season, y’all!

Reaction Score
If the post competition makes both players improve, then it's win-win for the team and the posts in general. BUT, did you see Piath run the floor? It bodes well for her, because South Carolina has some bigs who, for sure can pick them up and put them down. See you later, Dawn.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If the post competition makes both players improve, then it's win-win for the team and the posts in general. BUT, did you see Piath run the floor? It bodes well for her, because South Carolina has some bigs who, for sure can pick them up and put them down. See you later, Dawn.
I was surprised Amari got into the exhibition game well before Piath. I don't get it but what do I know

Reaction Score
I was surprised Amari got into the exhibition game well before Piath. I don't get it but what do I know
See? The killjoy sourpusses here have been harping on all of us that we should just shut up and not try to speculate, think, question or discuss anything because, after all, if you ain't Geno, you ain't knowin' nothin' at all. And here you go proving 'em right. :D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
See? The killjoy sourpusses here have been harping on all of us that we should just shut up and not try to speculate, think, question or discuss anything because, after all, if you ain't Geno, you ain't knowin' nothin' at all. And here you go proving 'em right. :D
My hand cramped before I could finish with "but I am assuming that Geno clearly see's things on the court and in practice that I cant" :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Well 16 rebounds against Maryland is a pretty solid number for Dorka. She had a stronger competition schedule overall than Uconn. I'm fine with Liv starting but there is no doubt Dorka is going to get a lot of minutes. I think she's a terrific rebounder. Over 11 rebounds a game was solid in the Big ten and she improved every year. I think she's our biggest pickup this year.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Oh boy.

Everyone has been beating each other up side the head in two threads already going about Liv vs. Dorka, and now we get another one with Aaliyah thrown into the mix.

I have to appreciate the time you put into this, but count me out of this one.
I read some very interesting and opinionated comments after one meaningless game against an inferior opponent. I can’t wait to read the comments after Sunday’s game. :eek:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
The starter will not be picked by any of the numbers on your chart. Geno will be Geno and start whomever has earned it, toss in a possible Geno hunch and that's the way Geno rolls. My thought is Liv until when and if she losses the privilege.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I was thinking about this while washing the floors (I had my booster yesterday, and am in a booster-induced break, although it's not nearly as bad as the first two, which had me all but laid up all the next day).

The conclusion that I came to is, why are we comparing them? They bring totally different skillsets to the game. Olivia has it all over Dorka with respect to passing and rim-protecting. They're the same height, but Dorka takes up much more space. Someone pointed out in another thread that Olivia's arms are much more developed than Dorka's. But Dorka's legs are way stronger. If she wants to be on the block, she'll get there against just about anybody. Olivia is a very good rebounder, but Dorka is exceptional. If UConn puts Dorka, Aaliyah, and Mir in at the same time, the opposition will never get a rebound. The only concern would be if they all concuss each other, because each rebound is each player's personal property. ;)

They both have good footwork. But Olivia has had three years tutelage from Chris Dailey, and Dorka hasn't. I think she'll improve significantly, and her shooting percentage in the paint will consequently go way up.

They both have their roles to play. I see more frequent substitution than we've seen in quite a few years. I don't care who starts; I assume Geno will use each player wisely and extensively.

Reaction Score
Getting to see them over the course of the season will give us a better indication of who will get the crunch time minutes. As Geno says it's all about winning the last 4 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom