So, will the Maryland basketball game be shown inside stadium? | The Boneyard

So, will the Maryland basketball game be shown inside stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I'm sure it won't be, a la the Michigan St game last year, but worth asking.

I'm also sure it has something to do with rebroadcasting and charging admission and TV rights, though most will just blame the AD.

Reaction Score
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at stake so no way. I hope they at least keep giving score updates. Should be just about over by game time though. This is one game, especially if it's chilly, where I am sitting in the car listening to the bball game until it is over, or has been decided decisively.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Well holy hot damn. Color me excited!

Reaction Score
Sorry to be a Debbie but if MBB tips at 6:30 and they hold kick-off, no way FB starts before 9:00. Gonna make a late and cold game even later and colder. I get it but it is going to hurt 2nd half butts in seats unless it's one helluva surprising game.

Reaction Score
It had to be announced @ today's presser because they all (horde) have tweeted the same thing. Not buying they will hold kick-off off.

NHRJimFuller
10:41am via TweetDeck
The men's basketball game against Maryland will be on the big screen at Rentschler during#UConn/Louisville football game

Reaction Score
Sorry to be a Debbie but if MBB tips at 6:30 and they hold kick-off, no way FB starts before 9:00. Gonna make a late and cold game even later and colder. I get it but it is going to hurt 2nd half butts in seats unless it's one helluva surprising game.

Why not? Basketball games usually take just under 2 hours.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
They said the same thing last year about the Michigan state game and cut away to show a live stream of the marching band... which was playing right on the field in front of everyone's eyes.

Reaction Score
Last year, both the football game and basketball game were on different channels (ESPN & ESPN2). I think with the games being on the same channel this year (ESPN2) it will be handled differently.

Reaction Score

Looked at the forecast and they are calling for a low of 28 on Friday night which means during the game it will certainly be in the mid to low 30's. Brrrrr!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Looked at the forecast and they are calling for a low of 28 on Friday night which means during the game it will certainly be in the mid to low 30's. Brrrrr!

Bring on the cold weather!! Love it. And love playing warmer weather, southern teams up here during the winter months!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Why does the cold scare people? If you are at the game, you (in all likelihood) have experienced a cold snap before. As log as it is not raining or overly windy, dress in layers and enjoy the game. It's November, it's going to start getting cold...

Reaction Score
Why does the cold scare people? If you are at the game, you (in all likelihood) have experienced a cold snap before. As log as it is not raining or overly windy, dress in layers and enjoy the game. It's November, it's going to start getting cold...

You know if it is a close exciting game and a decent crowd is on hand it won't seem cold. The collective body heat will warm the place up. If it is a boring route (likely) and people empty the place out, it is going to be cold as can be.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That's not exactly what I mean. If Louisville takes care of business like the pundits expect, I fully expect the stadium to be partially empty at halftime. But that is the result of entertainment level. Folks are talking like the cold will keep them away from the first half of the game. We live in New England. Cold is not a foreign concept.

Reaction Score
I am setting up a TV in my tailgate streaming ESPN off my iPhone but I love that they are showing the game on our huge new screen.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I am setting up a TV in my tailgate streaming ESPN off my iPhone but I love that they are showing the game on our huge new screen.

Do you just have a iPhone to HDMI adaptor for that? And is the clarity decent? Been wanting to do this for years. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Do you just have a iPhone to HDMI adaptor for that? And is the clarity decent? Been wanting to do this for years. Thanks!
Yes I have the HDMI adapter. I actually tried it last year for the Michigan State game. Unfortunatley the ESPN app doesnt do video out and last year the iPhone wouldnt let you mirror. With the new OS you can now mirror your screen so even though ESPN still won't let video out you can still get the video on your TV with screen mirroring(or so is the plan).

Edit: Video quality is very good normally(the retina screen is higher resolution then a 1080p TV so that's not an issue. We will have to see how the service holds out with so many people at the Rent though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom