So why are we playing the next 2 games in Storrs? | The Boneyard

So why are we playing the next 2 games in Storrs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They split their games between 2 home venues, don't know how they decide though. ?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I am glad. We win more in Gampel and need to win. Glad we have Louisville in Gampel later as well...that was a decision based on winning, not revenue, and I applaud it.

Reaction Score
I guess the real question should be...Why do we have so many games at Gampel when the students are on break. It would make more sense to load the schedule with XL games when the students are out of school. Its not like the AD doesn't know when the students are there or not. If you want that true home court advantage at Gampel, you want the student section to be packed.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
1) Love games at Gampel. Personally think 75% (or more) of home games should be played there. During winter break maybe play a couple of games at the XL and one at Bridgeport to appease the rest of the state.

2) Hate having two consecutive games at Gampel while the students are still on break. Both the students and team deserve better than that. Though based on the track record of the UConn athletic department and administration I can't say I'm too shocked...

Reaction Score
C'mon guys. People bitch about games being in Hartford and bitch about games being at Gampel. They are playing Harvard and UCF - you ain't selling 16000 seats for games against those opponents. UConn's winter break is way too long so Gampel games during break are unavoidable. However I'm pretty sure there are enough people and students within an hour of the arena to fill it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom