So who are rooting for in the final? | The Boneyard

So who are rooting for in the final?

Who are rooting for in the NCAA woman's basketball final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think I'll go with Mississippi State. Get some fresh blood a championship and dilute the concentration of power in WBB argument. Also, I don't particularly want the Irish and Muffet to get another one.

Reaction Score
This game can go either way depending on McCowan. I researched some of the MSt -UL game and their offense isn't that impressive. Vivians can explode and McCowan crashes the glass. In a press conference this morning someone asked Muffet what they were going to do about McCowan's post passing lol. She said something along the lines of "we can't let her get a big assist number, because she's had 17 all season." LOL. I think ND should have whoever McCowan guarding at the high post and post up Ogunbowale and Young all night. Pull McCowan out and try to make her block the shots of slasher, or put her in the pick and roll. She played 45 minutes last game, and all she did was stand close to the basket on offense and defense. I'm going for ND. They have a lot of offensive weapons.

Reaction Score
Academically, ND is ranked 18th among National Universities, while Miss State is tied for 171st. As a retired academic, I will root for the Irish.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I think ND will suffer the same fate as MS State did last season...a letdown after the big win. The Bulldogs just handled a team that gave ND fits during the season. I'm expecting another crash and burn in the title game. They haven't closed this deal since 2001.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I usually root for the ACC but I'd love to see Miss State get their first national championship. Even though I dislike the SEC...... I do like Coach Schaefer... and the kids seem to be an easy bunch to root for.

Reaction Score
I’d like another OT game! LOL!
MS needs to their 3 point shooters to win.....Hope it’s a fun, competitive game and not a blow-out! Like VS A lot! Good guy.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am rooting for ND. Their style of play is closer to UConn's than Miss St although I admit Ogunbowale is the one outlier and the irony that
she stuck the dagger in us is not lost on me. The women's game is becoming more and more athletic and as a result, isolation and breaking down defenses by extended dribbling is becoming more common. The Miss St weaving action is effective but gets me dizzy and watching McCowan overpower players for 2 foot putbacks is not entertaining to me. I am a big fan of Vivians however because she is a very complete and skilled player

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I usually root for the ACC but I'd love to see Miss State get their first national championship. Even though I dislike the SEC. I do like Coach Schaefer... and the kids seem to be an easy bunch to root for.

You usually root for the ACC...unless it's Notre Dame or UNCheat

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If ND's hand picked refs show up today ...:rolleyes:Head bang
As I have stated before, after eating my sour grapes, the 4 ACLs story line almost guarantees a ND victory and the refs are aware of this sob story. Anyone willing to bet that Dee Kanter will be on the court? And I do believe she is a Domer fan.

I have absolutely zero interest in who wins or loses, just like last year.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Academically, ND is ranked 18th among National Universities, while Miss State is tied for 171st. As a retired academic, I will root for the Irish.

And in-state tuition is $8k for MSST and ND is a private school with tuition of $48k. You have to take into account that Mississippi is (last I knew) 50th in the US in public schools and is one of the poorest states in the nation -- a per-capita income about a third the US average (and median family income about 60% the US). I consider Mississippi State and Notre Dame apples and orangesacademically -- they serve different demographics.

Not arguing with you, just pointing something out that some folks might not normally consider.

I'm rooting for Mississippi State. Above all, I'm hoping for a good game that continues to grow the WBB audience.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You usually root for the ACC...unless it's Notre Dame or UNCheat

68.gif
68.gif
68.gif
68.gif
68.gif
68.gif
68.gif

I root for ND when playing out of conference foes