So which team shows up for Butler? | The Boneyard

So which team shows up for Butler?

Reaction Score
First half Marquette? Or second half Marquette?

I can't see us missing as many bunnies as we did in the first half the other night. There were times when we missed a shot and two put back attempts. Be nice to se a solid and consistent game. And what do we get from Bouk? Will there be a limit on his minutes? He has been getting the cr@p kicked out of him this year. This might be the game where Hurley has to draw a "T" to protect Jalen.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
My guess is neither - somewhere in between. I don't expect Polley to do what he did 2nd half. Hopefully a win.

I think you meant a "T" to protect Bouk .....

Reaction Score
They aren’t that deep of a team. We are better in almost every category so I’m expecting a complete game with some first half woo’s per usual but I think Hurley will get these guys in check to eliminate that.

Reaction Score
Is Butler a Must Win?
it's a should win not a must win. unless you want to avoid a collective freakout worse than the creighton L, then it's a must win

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m hoping it will be our men's basketball team, because if it were the hockey team that would be really tough on their court.

Last edited:

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I expect a close game at the half and we pull away in the second half after our depth and pressure wears them out. Good guys win by 12 after extending the lead due to fouls at the end.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t overlook Butler’s 3-5 record: Butler is 2-1 with Aaron Thompson in the lineup…with Thompson back, Jordan plays a lot of three small guard lineups against Providence. In Thompson’s absence, freshman Chuck Harris has really stepped it up, averaging 14.2p, 3.4a and 2.6 3s per game at a 48% rate.

I expect to see a lot of three-guard lineups to help defend Butler's 6'3-and-under trio of Thompson/Harris/Bolden (30, 32, 36 minutes in their last game vs Georgetown). Jair Bolden is a stout 6'3 215, so this is a game where Brendan Adams can be very valuable shadowing Bolden on the perimeter (6.8 3pa).

Reaction Score
First half Marquette? Or second half Marquette?

I can't see us missing as many bunnies as we did in the first half the other night. There were times when we missed a shot and two put back attempts. Be nice to se a solid and consistent game. And what do we get from Bouk? Will there be a limit on his minutes? He has been getting the cr@p kicked out of him this year. This might be the game where Hurley has to draw a "T" to protect Jalen.
Why does Gaffney need protection??

Reaction Score
We stack up really well against Butler. Their defensive efficiency is absolutely putrid in just about every category that we excel at and Butler appears to struggle with just about everything except shooting the 3 ball. i think we get something in between but more of a complete game.

Reaction Score
Worried about a letdown after the emotional Marquette win.
Me too. I remember in 2002 when we beat Arizona on the road in OT 100-98, we followed that up with a lackluster performance at Rutgers barely scoring 50 points in a loss. That was the classic example of a let down.

Reaction Score
I'll be surprised if we don't dominate on the boards enough to make up any other snafus. Front court did not look athletic or particularly big watching them vs Gtown. I think we can hurt them in the paint. Bouk & Martin should also have a matchup advantage, and Cole & Gaff won't be at a disadvantage. I like our chances.

Reaction Score
I think the game plan would be to come out and absolutely HAMMER the post with the Pogo or Carlton. Butlers interior defense and board presence is worse than DePaul’s.

Reaction Score
This is a decoy game for Bouknight. We’re much better off letting 1 guy take advantage of a mismatch like at center or at small forward, than have Bouknight shoot through doubles. Also just zipping the rock all over the place and playing quick to keep them unorganized.

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
I think it's a must win emotionally. We don't expect to win at Nova or Creighton but we better close out against mid-tier competition in the Big East, especially on the road, each and every game to give ourselves the best at-large chance we can have. You absolutely must win against these teams or you put unneeded pressure on yourself in February, and sometimes have to play catch-up (like we did in 2020 January and February). Zero room for error in games against anyone but Creighton, Nova, Seton Hall and Providence.

Hurley obviously knows this and they come ready to play. All-business.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I expect a close game at the half and we pull away in the second half after our depth and pressure wears them out. Good guys win by 12 after extending the lead due to fouls at the end.

Damn pretty good!

Reaction Score
Pretty dang good take.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom