So when the show ended...... | The Boneyard

So when the show ended......

Reaction Score
.......We have people saying that UCONN, Stanford, or NC State is the #1 overall seed. I should have watched instead of Seinfeld.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well, if it is Stanford, that means 1. Stanford, 2. UConn 3. NC State 4. SC 5. Maryland 6. Texas A&M 7. Baylor 8. Louisville 9. Georgia 10. Tennessee 11. Arizona 12. UCLA 13. West Virginia 14. Indiana 15. Kentucky 16. Arkansas.

Reaction Score
NCSt the 4, SC the 3, Stanford the 2 and Connecticut the 1

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Well, if it is Stanford, that means 1. Stanford, 2. UConn 3. NC State 4. SC 5. Maryland 6. Texas A&M 7. Baylor 8. Louisville 9. Georgia 10. Tennessee 11. Arizona 12. UCLA 13. West Virginia 14. Indiana 15. Kentucky 16. Arkansas.
Bear in mind that what you have taken to be the S-curve may really be a modified S-curve that accounts for keeping conference rivals separated. For instance, my hunch would be that on a strict S-curve, Baylor would rank above Texas A&M (i.e., Baylor would be overall #6 and TAMU would be #7), but the committee wanted to avoid having two SEC rivals face each other in the Elite 8.
NCSt the 4, SC the 3, Stanford the 2 and Connecticut the 1
No, the order is Stanford, UConn, NC State, South Carolina. You can tell by looking at the full bracket based on Stanford being shown in the upper left, and facing the Gamecocks in the National Semifinal. Also, there have been subsequent confirmations that Stanford is indeed the overall #1.

Assuming the UConn emerges from its bracket, it will probably face either NC State or TAMU in the FInal Four, while Stanford probably would face either South Carolina or Maryland. I think UConn gets the easier side of that semifinal matchup.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen the brackets and didn't watch the whole show. Stopped after they announced High Point was playing them.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure TAMU is 5 and MD 6, but couldn't have SC-TAMU regional final.
Hard to determine exact spots for 3 seeds. Could be 9 Ga, 10 Az, 11 UCLA 12 TN

Reaction Score
This is pretty incredible. ESPN is airing the tourney and they put on a selection show that still has people debating who the #1 overall seed is. Terrible job.
Not debating. Confirmed that Stan is #1.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure TAMU is 5 and MD 6, but couldn't have SC-TAMU regional final.
Hard to determine exact spots for 3 seeds. Could be 9 Ga, 10 Az, 11 UCLA 12 TN

You could have also had to move Arizona or UCLA out of the #9 position to avoid Stanford. Unlucky for one of them to not be in the same region as Louisville, while Oregon gets a pretty good bracket.

Reaction Score
This is pretty incredible. ESPN is airing the tourney and they put on a selection show that still has people debating who the #1 overall seed is. Terrible job.
No one is debating it. It was cleared up shortly after the show ended.

Reaction Score
Stuff happens. ESPN should have just followed the normal logical sequence to avoid confusion, not sure why they decided to mix it up this year.

Reaction Score
Stuff happens. ESPN should have just followed the normal logical sequence to avoid confusion, not sure why they decided to mix it up this year.

They probably wanted to announce UConn's bracket last in order to keep fans watching. :rolleyes:

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Bear in mind that what you have taken to be the S-curve may really be a modified S-curve that accounts for keeping conference rivals separated. For instance, my hunch would be that on a strict S-curve, Baylor would rank above Texas A&M (i.e., Baylor would be overall #6 and TAMU would be #7), but the committee wanted to avoid having two SEC rivals face each other in the Elite 8.

No, the order is Stanford, UConn, NC State, South Carolina. You can tell by looking at the full bracket based on Stanford being shown in the upper left, and facing the Gamecocks in the National Semifinal. Also, there have been subsequent confirmations that Stanford is indeed the overall #1.

Assuming the UConn emerges from its bracket, it will probably face either NC State or TAMU in the FInal Four, while Stanford probably would face either South Carolina or Maryland. I think UConn gets the easier side of that semifinal matchup.
All year you have been hearing the NCAA will be following the S curve. As soon as there is a arbitrary, but, thrown in the S curve statement becomes gibberish.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom