So What Is The Word On Wake Forest? | The Boneyard

So What Is The Word On Wake Forest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Honestly don't know a single thing about them, looking at their roster they seem to be very young with alot of freshmen and sophomores.

Reaction Score
Honestly don't know a single thing about them, looking at their roster they seem to be very young with alot of freshmen and sophomores.

Supposed to be one of the worst teams in the ACC. If we play well, than it should be an easy victory.

Reaction Score
They were picked 11 out of 12 in preseason poll just above BC. Harris is their best player. Had 19 in a 12 point win over Radford and Fisher had 3 3 points baskets in the win. The only 3 point baskets by WF in the game.

Reaction Score
WE are so DOOMED!!!!!!!!

I will be watching the game on TV and heading down on Sat to catch the next two games. Really looking forward to watching them play. Been since Detroit that I have seen them live.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Seems like one of the lower echelon teams. Only stat that caught my eye was that they shot 64% from the field against Radford.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Very young last year but freshmen have become sophomores. Their guards have a height advantage and their bigs are beefier than ours. They have had some issues with committing turnovers.

We are DOOMED!

Reaction Score
I heard that they are big- like huge. They make MSU look like hobbits. We will have no chance to score in the paint.

Basically DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Wake is not that good, we should win this game, but anything can happen. I'm sure Ollie will have them focused, if we win I think New Mexico will be the toughest challange, looking at the bracket, it seems as though we have a good chance to add some hardware to the trophy case. We shall see.

Reaction Score
Very young last year but freshmen have become sophomores. Their guards have a height advantage and their bigs are beefier than ours. They have had some issues with committing turnovers.

We are DOOMED!

Eh - not necessarily true. I went to Wake so am a fan of both. Fischer is the only sophomore who plays and he is like the 7th man. Start 3 freshmen this year and have Harris (Sr) and McKie (Jr) who are both solid - both all ACC 2nd or 3rd team types. They should be much better next year even though they lose Harris, who is probably their most consistent player, but their freshmen will grow up. They really aren't a whole lot beefier than us. We have more overall talent - should win.

Reaction Score
Eh - not necessarily true. I went to Wake so am a fan of both. Fischer is the only sophomore who plays and he is like the 7th man. Start 3 freshmen this year and have Harris (Sr) and McKie (Jr) who are both solid - both all ACC 2nd or 3rd team types. They should be much better next year even though they lose Harris, who is probably their most consistent player, but their freshmen will grow up. They really aren't a whole lot beefier than us. We have more overall talent - should win.

Out of curiosity, I like to hear a Wake fans take on what happened to their program... and what the future is looking like... I used to like it when Wake was a big time basketball school but then they sort of fell off the map

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, I like to hear a Wake fans take on what happened to their program... and what the future is looking like... I used to like it when Wake was a big time basketball school but then they sort of fell off the map

I'm not a Wake fan, but I think Tim Duncan graduating is what happened

Reaction Score
I'm not a Wake fan, but I think Tim Duncan graduating is what happened
Not quite, they had some good teams after Duncan. Chris Paul was a decent player ;)

Skip Prosser died of a heart attack in 2008 and although some of his recruits kept the team winning in the years immediately after his death the program is still feeling the aftershocks. One of Prosser's longtime assistants had 3 pretty good years but was fired for dissapointing postseason results. Latest guy (Jeff Bzdelick - I've literally never heard of him before looking it up) is 8-24 and 13-18 which are first back-to-back losing seasons since late 80's, maybe he is trying to avoid getting fired for the same reason as his predecessor?

Reaction Score
Not quite, they had some good teams after Duncan. Chris Paul was a decent player ;)

Skip Prosser died of a heart attack in 2008 and although some of his recruits kept the team winning in the years immediately after his death the program is still feeling the aftershocks. One of Prosser's longtime assistants had 3 pretty good years but was fired for dissapointing postseason results. Latest guy (Jeff Bzdelick - I've literally never heard of him before looking it up) is 8-24 and 13-18 which are first back-to-back losing seasons since late 80's, maybe he is trying to avoid getting fired for the same reason as his predecessor?

oh yeah, i guess forgot about him. i don't follow the NBA but I think he'll do okay there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom