So what does Plum to San Antonio mean to Moriah? | The Boneyard

So what does Plum to San Antonio mean to Moriah?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jefferson had a great frosh season. Do they move Plum to SG?

Reaction Score
I think she is a natural two anyways....McBride is good but she might be looking over her shoulder in a year or two.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I think she is a natural two anyways....McBride is good but she might be looking over her shoulder in a year or two.

McBride will probably play a wing here in order to get Plum, Jefferson and McBride on the floor at the same time....she did at Notre Dame when Loyd was there. The major adjustment with Ms. Plum is defense: As she herself admitted, Plum needs to work on it. Jefferson is an excellent defender with her quickness and McBride likes to stick her face into it was well.

Reaction Score
I don't think it means much of anything for Moriah in the sense that Moriah is obviously still the team's point guard and star player. There's going to be an adjustment period for Kelsey for bring her off the bench to start and let her backup both Moriah at PG and McBride at SG to form a solid 3-guard rotation, and then close games with all three on the floor. Offensively I don't see much issue with Moriah and Kelsey playing together. Kelsey can shoot so she spaces the floor for Moriah, and gives Moriah some opportunities to play off the ball and focus on scoring more because Moriah is still going to be the best scorer on the team even with the addition of Kelsey.

Reaction Score
The #1 draft choice ain't coming off anyone's bench. I suspect either Jefferson or Plum will be (should be) traded for something SA really needs.

Reaction Score
The #1 draft choice ain't coming off anyone's bench. I suspect either Jefferson or Plum will be (should be) traded for something SA really needs.

Do you think she would be # 1 draft choice if she was in last year's draft? on top of that, both Jefferson, Mcbride had at least 1 year of experience in the WNBA and overseas. Kelsey is a babe in the woods still...

Reaction Score
Do you think she would be # 1 draft choice if she was in last year's draft? on top of that, both Jefferson, Mcbride had at least 1 year of experience in the WNBA and overseas. Kelsey is a babe in the woods still...
A very high-scoring babe in the woods. I think she would have gone #2 last year had she just finished her this year's senior season. After setting the career and single-season scoring records, she might have challenged Stewart for POY.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The short answer is more assists. I think she's a combo guard, and can play 2 some of the time and spell Mo at the 1. And McBride can play 2 and 3.

Re: J66's post, if you go to San Antonio's website, Plum isn't listed on their roster (which is 19 players and includes the rest of their draft choices). I thought that odd, not necessarily indicative of anything, but odd.

Reaction Score
They should try playing all 3 with McBride as the sf.

And if it doesn't look like it will work out, then trade. But don't blunder and give a Sims type talent and not get a terrific return. And they should expect another lousy year this year. They're in the tough west. Have some patience and hope McBride doesn't turn into being completely injury prone. If she - then no question it's good to have Moriah and Kelsey.

I still can't believe the steal the Sparks got getting Sims. The stupidity of some GM's knows no bounds.

Reaction Score
In should help her out, since she had to carry the team last year.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised is SA is working on a trade or two. Rebecca Lobo refereced the possibility that Plum could be traded.

There is no way Morih is unseated by Plum or anyone else. And I don't see McBride as a SF. She's a 2 guard.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised is SA is working on a trade or two. Rebecca Lobo refereced the possibility that Plum could be traded.

There is no way Morih is unseated by Plum or anyone else. And I don't see McBride as a SF. She's a 2 guard.

Disagree with them trading anyone....would be a mistake if they did that. Keep those 3 and build around them. Everything else you said is spot on. McBride isn't a 3 and there's no way in hell Plum takes Moriah's starting position. Ever in her life.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
They should try playing all 3 with McBride as the sf.

And if it doesn't look like it will work out, then trade. But don't blunder and give a Sims type talent and not get a terrific return. And they should expect another lousy year this year. They're in the tough west. Have some patience and hope McBride doesn't turn into being completely injury prone. If she - then no question it's good to have Moriah and Kelsey.

I still can't believe the steal the Sparks got getting Sims. The stupidity of some GM's knows no bounds.

As a Sparks fan, I was sad to see Toliver go. I understand she wanted to go home, most players do. Learning that we got Sims in a trade brightened my day. I was a Sims fan when she was at Baylor, and was impressed with her overall skillset. I know she's from Irving Texas, but she'll love Southern California. She'll be welcomed with open arms when camp opens.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Really like Plum, but no way she bumped Stewart from #1 and POY and no way she bumped Moriah from #2 in the draft if she had been in last years draft. Moriah was coming off a .547/.431/.894 year, which was very similar to her career numbers, .550/.420/.818, with a 2.50 A/TO ratio, and 100 steals/yr. She was the best PG prospect since Sue, with better efficiency and better defense. In most years without a Stewart/EDD/Parker prospect Moriah would have been the #1 draft pick and I think both Dunn and Hughes spoke of some teams perhaps rating her ahead of Stewart based on team make-up.

Reaction Score
I really hope San Antonio does not even think of trading Plum. Plum has created a buzz . San Antonio needs buzz. People I know who do not currently attend WNBA games have said they would pay money to watch Plum play. I plan on trying to hold those people to it. If Plum can do what she does at the WNBA level, she and Jefferson can play together. Make no mistake. I love to watch Jefferson play. Seeing her play in person in the WNBA was eye-opening for me. She was much better than I expected.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The short answer is more assists. I think she's a combo guard, and can play 2 some of the time and spell Mo at the 1. And McBride can play 2 and 3.

Re: J66's post, if you go to San Antonio's website, Plum isn't listed on their roster (which is 19 players and includes the rest of their draft choices). I thought that odd, not necessarily indicative of anything, but odd.

The websites of the WNBA are slow quite often, so I wouldn't read anything into that.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I really hope San Antonio does not even think of trading Plum. Plum has created a buzz . San Antonio needs buzz. People I know who do not currently attend WNBA games have said they would pay money to watch Plum play. I plan on trying to hold those people to it. If Plum can do what she does at the WNBA level, she and Jefferson can play together. Make no mistake. I love to watch Jefferson play. Seeing her play in person in the WNBA was eye-opening for me. She was much better than I expected.

Plum has been a treat to watch here in Seattle. I hope you get to enjoy watching her play also.

Reaction Score

Not even close to be considered over Stewie. Not even close.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What it means to MoJo is she has someone in the periphery to dish to when required. Moriah is he best when she has people to orchestrate with. Plum was in a unique positon in the PAC. I suspect she'll be eaten alive in the WNBA for a season or two, and then she'll be a pretty fine player who will join the Olympic team in 2020.

Reaction Score
Really like Plum, but no way she bumped Stewart from #1 and POY and no way she bumped Moriah from #2 in the draft if she had been in last years draft. Moriah was coming off a .547/.431/.894 year, which was very similar to her career numbers, .550/.420/.818, with a 2.50 A/TO ratio, and 100 steals/yr. She was the best PG prospect since Sue, with better efficiency and better defense. In most years without a Stewart/EDD/Parker prospect Moriah would have been the #1 draft pick and I think both Dunn and Hughes spoke of some teams perhaps rating her ahead of Stewart based on team make-up.
Even Stewie said Mo deserved the 2015 FF mop award.

Reaction Score
It means they'll have a lot more talent with two number one picks. Mo won't mind a bit. Beats losing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom