So what’s our recruiting narrative now? | The Boneyard

So what’s our recruiting narrative now?

C

Chief00

How does Randy manage this uncertainty?

So what do we tell the southern players we have focused our recruiting on? Their family and friends won’t be going to UCF, USF, ECU, SMU , Tulane and Houston anymore for see them play unless we are allowed to stay.
But let’s see in the next few weeks what happens. This was suppose to be announced in mid July.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
How does Randy manage this uncertainty?

So what do we tell the southern players we have focused our recruiting on? Their family and friends won’t be going to UCF, USF, ECU, SMU , Tulane and Houston anymore for see them play unless we are allowed to stay.
But let’s see in the next few weeks what happens. This was suppose to be announced in mid July.

IDK Chief. I find it interesting you thought Randy needed to step up recruiting given this cloud looming.

Seems likely every commit we have and maybe even the grad transfers walk.

Play out of the 2019 season and then see where we are.

Thanks BE people.

C

Chief00

IDK Chief. I find it interesting you thought Randy needed to step up recruiting given this cloud looming.

Seems likely every commit we have and maybe even the grad transfers walk.

Play out of the 2019 season and then see where we are.

Thanks BE people.

This was suppose to be announced in 3 weeks. Let’s see what Fox Sports can do for us or can we be a Navy football model?
But in the meantime, because of the leak, it’s devastating for recruiting

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This was suppose to be announced in 3 weeks. Let’s see what Fox Sports can do for us or can we be a Navy football model?
But in the meantime, because of the leak, it’s devastating for recruiting

Fox Sports = independent football.
Navy model = no way AAC tolerates us following the Navy model.

Reaction Score
I can’t believe the utter stupidity of this school. I’m so pissed. It’s a total slap in the face to the many that stood by the program for nearly 2 decades. If they drop or move to another G5, I’m done with everything UConn.

Reaction Score
Watch the ASC say, “We’ll just swap in UMass for UConn.” Football looks the same and UConn hasn’t been driving our BB conference anyway.”

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Big10, Big12, PAC12
But how do you sell 1-11?

So Fox dials up its buds in the B10, B12 and PAC12 to help us schedule a meaty independent schedule? No way any of those conferences are taking UConn as football only.

Sidebar - Hey everyone, how does that Fenway Bowl sound now for the AAC? That AAC affiliate might not live to see the day.

C

Chief00

So Fox dials up its buds in the B10, B12 and PAC12 to help us schedule a meaty independent schedule? No way any of those conferences are taking UConn as football only.

Sidebar - Hey everyone, how does that Fenway Bowl sound now for the AAC? That AAC affiliate might not live to see the day.

Will UMass go AAC?
Not saying it’s likely but also don’t discount any possibility of the Navy model. I think The Courant overstated how that almost definitely won’t happen.

Reaction Score
I can’t believe the utter stupidity of this school. I’m so pissed. It’s a total slap in the face to the many that stood by the program for nearly 2 decades. If they drop or move to another G5, I’m done with everything UConn.

I am as well. I am going to take a little break from posting because it is bothering me so much.

I am pretty much at the point of ending any support for UCONN athletics. There is only so much a fan can take.

Why keep football going? Seriously. . .

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So if Fox guarantees a season:
2 Big10
2 PAC12
2 Big12
Then fill with 5 other games - not so bad
Will fox create a bowl game just for us? That needs to be part of the deal.

Reaction Score
2 Big10
2 PAC12
2 Big12

How can Fox guarantee that? The team we play has to agree and I can’t see Fox forking over extra money to entice a p5 program to play us?

C

Chief00

Will fox create a bowl game just for us? That needs to be part of the deal.
IDK any of the details just that they want this to work. They have $500 million invested in the NBE since 2013.

Reaction Score
Recruiting narrative now? What did they tell the kids that just committed to us? So much for the honest, family feel.

C

Chief00

How can Fox guarantee that? The team we play has to agree and I can’t see Fox forking over extra money to entice a p5 program to play us?
If we have learned any lesson in this decade of football disaster - the big networks are a huge influence - they write the checks that makes everything else work.

Reaction Score
2 Big10
2 PAC12
2 Big12
Well, 2020 is already taken care of with the first conference on this list.

I will say this, should something zany like the above occur, I think fans would certainly come out to watch games against teams in those conferences.

Reaction Score
If we have learned any lesson in this decade of football disaster - the big networks are a huge influence - they write the checks that makes everything else work.
Perhaps a quid pro quo with Fox. Our basketball helps add monetary value for the network and they help create (fund) games with the aforementioned conferences. I’m assuming these games wouldn’t be pay games which incentivizes said teams to schedule a win for free?
I assure you guys I don’t smoke crack- in case this sounds foolish

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can see an "every game televised" pitch with SNY carrying what Fox doesn't want. Maybe we can get SNY coverage in our new Canadian recruiting grounds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom