So, Tulsa? | The Boneyard

So, Tulsa?

Reaction Score
Tulsa is quietly the second place team in the AAC coming off that blow out win vs Memphis. They have also beaten Houston. We have another tough one ahead of us. Tulsa is a veteran team, but I think its time we win one of these.

Reaction Score
I remember when most posters here would be making fun of Tulsa. Now they are likely making fun of UConn!
We're definitely making fun of somebody and they don't realize it yet

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The Rockville Rocket predicted that we would run into trouble twenty four hours from Tulsa.

"Rockville Rocket" Who?

UConn can win, but must avoid mistakes and make plays down the stretch. I am happy this is a home game and not on the road.

Reaction Score
The Rockville Rocket predicted that we would run into trouble twenty four hours from Tulsa.
Mmmm..., I do believe one has to be of a certain age to get this post, but I'll bite and give a Like for nostalgia sake....(uconnbill, Gene Pitney-"The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance", "Town Without Pity," "It Hurts to Be In Love", and, "Twenty-Four Hours From Tulsa...." and Many more, also the writer of Ricky Nelson's smash hit,"Hello Marylou". Powerhouse singer with great range.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm embarrassed to be in the company of people of (or who at least have spent time in) this state who are unfamiliar with Gene Pitney. I was never his biggest fan, but appreciate his talent. H also recorded Phil Spector's first Wall of Sound effort. ("Every Breath I Take").
Don't tell me you guys have never heard of Phil Spector, either.

Reaction Score
I'm embarrassed to be in the company of people of (or who at least have spent time in) this state who are unfamiliar with Gene Pitney. I was never his biggest fan, but appreciate his talent. H also recorded Phil Spector's first Wall of Sound effort. ("Every Breath I Take").

Sure have heard of him. Spector owned one of the six original Cobra Daytona Coupes........but was infamous for more disturbing reasons.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think we will win today. We are among the most unlucky teams in college basketball per the metrics. We are due to have some shots fall for a change and bounces come our way. Time for some home cooking.

Reaction Score
It is not going to come back to life. This team is horrible. I know it can’t be just coaching, but they are next level bad. They are confused offensively and constantly overmatched by lesser talented, better coached players.
We just don’t have any offensive difference makers. Almost impossible to find a lineup that clicks when you don’t have enough offensive talent. I think Bouk will develop into a great scorer, akok will be good, Gaffney should develop a nice offensive game, adams will be a good bench guy.... everyone’s just too inconsistent etc. and Polley was a big loss.

Did I mention how bad Carlton is?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We travel often with friends who went to Rockville High with Pitney. They say he was a very good student and a good guy. He was popular in Europe for years after he faded in the US but I think always lived in CT, maybe the Enfield-Somers area.

Reaction Score
Tulsa came out in the second half going to the hoop, UConn chucking up shots they can’t hit. They’ve learned nothing. Can’t wait for certain guards to leave.

Reaction Score
Tulsa came out in the second half going to the hoop, UConn chucking up shots they can’t hit. They’ve learned nothing. Can’t wait for certain guards to leave.
Vital can’t score today, but they would already be down 15 if not for his d.

Reaction Score
Team erased a 9 point deficit with CV and AG on the pine

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
We travel often with friends who went to Rockville High with Pitney. They say he was a very good student and a good guy. He was popular in Europe for years after he faded in the US but I think always lived in CT, maybe the Enfield-Somers area.
He was also a UConn student, studying (if memory serves) Electrical Engineering, when his music career started to break open, and he left school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom