So, This Has To Officially Be An Open QB Competition This Week | The Boneyard

So, This Has To Officially Be An Open QB Competition This Week

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No way Randy can nut up and call Jack Zergiotis his no doubt starter.

Steven Krajewski has earned a right to more snaps in practice and has earned the right to compete for the starting job, no?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski was going against the JV squad and had two TO himself but he is lightyears LIGHTYEARS ahead of Zergiotis.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Yeah, I liked Krajewski's throws better than the other two, but I really like that he's more mobile than Z. If you need Z to run, it's tough. I think Krajewski is the starter from here on...

Reaction Score
The thing I liked most about Krajewski is he frequently found secondary targets (even against UCF's starters) he wasn't locked in on one receiver, Jack wasn't able to do that. JK also looks to be a better runner than Jack although he needs to learn how to slide sooner.

USF is bad. GO UCONN beat USF! Too early to give up on the season.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He looked better once he settled down, albeit against the 3rd string. Still though, he didn't fumble untouched like Jack Zergiotis.

It was the second string. Not that it makes it the same as the first string, but I have a feeling their second string still has more than a few 3 star kids.

Is it the same? No. Is it against bad players? No...

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski threw a better ball once he had time against the deep reserves. He didn't throw well in the first half. Hopefully the success in the second half gives him some confidence going into next week, but I can't see any way that Krajewski isn't the starter next Saturday and at least seeing him against USF's starters will give everyone a better read on his true ability.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What posses me off is that Edsall could have played Steven Krajewski in four games ast year and he only put in him in once. Steven Krajewski could have gotten signifcant experience last year if Edsall had a working brain.
And he threw 1 pass. 1. Did he continue to play Pindell hoping to get him an NFL spot? How’d that work?

This kid also should have been QB1 the second Pindell left. News flash: the kid who was recruited by actual FBS football programs is better than the D2 kid and some kid out of Canada only Umass was interested in.

This is all part of Randy’s believe/desire to prove he’s smarter than everyone. He feels the need to do prove he can things “against the grain.” Oh Cuse, Marshall and Ga State wanted Krajewski? He doesn’t fit my niche kind of guy. Better play the kid I wanna drink Molson with.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
um... Steven Krajewski stunk until ucf stopped playing.

yeah he looked good against the deep cuts that werent even on the roster

this feels like when people thought the usf game was a turning point last year... and usf was actually so bad they havent won since that game.

Reaction Score

this feels like when people thought the usf game was a turning point last year... and usf was actually so bad they havent won since that game.
Next week against USF will tell a lot.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Next week against USF will tell a lot.

Agreed. It’s two impossibly long FBS losing streaks coming to a head.

Both of them got drubbed today and scored against the 4th string.

They are both so bad I can’t even predict a line. USF -6.5 is my best guess. I’ve never felt blinder on a line.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Zergiotis would have found a way to look completely terrible vs whatever UCF put out there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Zergiotis would have found a way to look completely terrible vs whatever UCF put out there.

maybe. but everyone also fawned over him against illinois.

it was 56-0 and the color guy said the guys on the field weren’t on his rosters....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He only had a two deep...he didn’t have a participation report @ his disposal.

Color guy also called Jay Rose - Ray most of the night.

It’s NFL QB Kelly Stauffer and he did bounce between Ray Rose and Jay Rose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom