No Ads | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Ads

Reaction Score
I'm not sure eliminating ads is the way if that is generating 50% of the revenue. Only if you get enough to donate then this will make sense. But really without knowing the $$$ it's hard to say. I would be ine to count for support.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
One solution others have suggest is adding the option to donate and see no ads on this site. With that in mind:

A post will be made every few days. There will be no hard sell, it'll just be a request to help the site, if you can.

Those who can, please do. Those who can't, no worried - there are many very good not to, and I likely won't ever know who did donate.

Done.

Been doing the Amazon click-thru, but couldn't stomach some of the ads. Thx for giving a different option.

Reaction Score
Just donated. I love the idea of no ads for 30 bucks... I would recommend just allowing to set up a yearly recurring annual donation, didn't' see that as an option. Or if its easier for your finances, a monthly option that's equivalent so you can spread out the revenue. Maybe a badge for those who donated next to their user name too, mostly so we can identify the cuse fans easier :):) Thanks for keeping the site alive.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Or you could reach out to good posters and see what it would take to ensure the rev keeps flowing. The internet and its popularity is growing not shrinking. How is a targeted site with a potentially loyal user base losing money....?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Board moderation practices.

Less than 1% of people here have received warnings or been banned. The fact most of your friends are on that list speaks volumes. I cut them more than enough Slack.

Oh... and traffic is up. I should ban more people.

10348A7B-5A59-4211-A508-C8C6D7FB6095.jpeg

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Worth noting: The site isn't going anywhere. But with adblockers and a drop in ad revenue, it's worth doing the no ad option. Ad revenue has dipped before.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Controversial, but maybe those who have paid can opt-in on ads? Or, limit ads to maybe just the space under the control panel? Best of both worlds...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Less than 1% of people here have received warnings or been banned. The fact most of your friends are on that list speaks volumes. I cut them more than enough Slack.

Oh... and traffic is up. I should ban more people.

View attachment 50958
Interesting...that May 2018 dip is the usual end of season down surge. But that huge spike in the fall was the Hurley Effect.

Reaction Score
I donated and tried to give more and it wouldn’t let me. I also noticed that the woman’s forum does not have a thread about revenues so the posters over there may not know to donate. Didn’t check the other forums.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I donated and tried to give more and it wouldn’t let me. I also noticed that the woman’s forum does not have a thread about revenues so the posters over there may not know to donate. Didn’t check the other forums.
The first attempt failed. Tom will need to re-post and add Paige Bueckers' name in the thread title.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom