QB discussion ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

QB discussion ...

Reaction Score
Guess Leon is more than a little banged up?

It’s a bleak indicator that Beaudry isn’t the named starter after camp.

Yeah but then we would lose the ability to start new threads on recycled topics that have been talked about for weeks

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
HCRE is playing the cagey like a fox game. He knows who his starter is but is covering all of his options. He HAD to give Zergiotis some practice time to be able to guage the kid's ability. This is just good coaching. You don't know what you have until you see it with your own eyes. Taking an example from the Thunderchickens to the Northeast of us, how do you suppose an unknown, undersized, 4th string true freshman name Doug Flutie became an opening day starter for BC? Because his head coach evaluated him in preseason practice.

You may be right but RE's history is pretty consistent and being "cagey" publicly as a masquerade for what is really going on hasn't been one of his stong suits.

I'm willing to bet somewhere between a nickle and dime (not gambing parlance, I literally mean between five cents and ten cents) Beaudry takes the first snap this season.

Reaction Score
Some have been underwhelming which means some have been successful. Jury is out on this crew.
So far I like Spanos and King, not so sure about the OC. I think we all will get a clearer view of the coaching crew during and after the Wagner game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BTW this qb thing is pure Edsall. I met him at something over the summer before Orlovskys senior year and told him I was looking forward to the season. Commented that with Dan we had a hands in every game. His response was he wasn’t sure Orlovsky would be the starter this year. The other guys were working real hard and one of them could step since the job would be open to competition once camp started.

Reaction Score
For clarification, I think & most signs point to Beaudry being the opening day starter. My point was that HCRE, in preseason, is reviewing all of his options. Zergiotis made some great plays & HCRE gave him a pat on the back in the media.

Reaction Score
For clarification, I think & most signs point to Beaudry being the opening day starter. My point was that HCRE, in preseason, is reviewing all of his options. Zergiotis made some great plays & HCRE gave him a pat on the back in the media.
This is a tough call for Edsall, on the one hand he has an experienced pro style FCS QB star in Beaudry, and on the other hand he has a very green but extremely talented redshirt freshman in Krajewski who turned down an offer from Syracuse and also was recruited by Alabama. Given so far what Edsall has said about Krajewski after practices, he needs to get better at this and that, is almost exactly what he said about Orlovsky just prior to naming him the starter about 17 years ago, I think for the Wagner game he gives the nod to Steven Krajewski.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is a tough call for Edsall, on the one hand he has an experienced pro style FCS QB star in Beaudry, and on the other hand he has a very green but extremely talented redshirt freshman in Krajewski who turned down an offer from Syracuse and also was recruited by Alabama. Given so far what Edsall has said about Krajewski after practices, he needs to get better at this and that, is almost exactly what he said about Orlovsky just prior to naming him the starter about 17 years ago, I think for the Wagner game he gives the nod to Steven Krajewski.

1. Orlovsky became the starter in the middle of the season. The idea that he wasn’t starting in 02 or 03 is laughably stupid no matter what Edsall said at the time.

2. You might need a refresher course in reading tea leaves. Everything we’ve seen and heard including last year is Edsall dying for Beaudry to take the job and he just hasn’t.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. Orlovsky became the starter in the middle of the season. The idea that he wasn’t starting in 02 or 03 is laughably stupid no matter what Edsall said at the time.

2. You might need a refresher course in reading tea leaves. Everything we’ve seen and heard including last year is Edsall dying for Beaudry to take the job and he just hasn’t.
Yeah whatever, I still think he gives the football to Steven Krajewski at least for the Wagner game. Or platoons the two of them. It's not like there will be a lot of passing anyway against Wagner.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah whatever, I still think he gives the football to Steven Krajewski at least for the Wagner game. Or platoons the two of them. It's not like there will be a lot of passing anyway against Wagner.

oh God if they both play we are truly screwed.

Reaction Score

I agree, let’s recall what Edsall himself said about Steven Krajewski even orlovsky raved about him. I feel Edsall wanted beaudry for this season to give Steven Krajewski one more learning season or possibly half the season with a clipboard to fine tune him. He saw MB stats and may of been misled given the fact he was hurt all of last season. I think he wants to give it to MB but he’s not doing anything to take it from Steven Krajewski. Let’s face it Steven Krajewski stayed out of the other qbs on the roster and given where he comes from and played for easily could of left had he wanted to

Reaction Score
Pal wants whoever Edsall names as the #2. Unless he becomes the #1 after a few games. Then he wants the left guard.

I wanted Dan Orlovsky, Tim Boyle and Mike Nebrich to promoted to the first team. Can't help it that I'm way ahead of the curve. Thanks for noticing.

Once again, this upcoming year we have not seen any of the QBs when bullets are flying except a cameo by Steven Krajewski. I believe the only way to judge a player is in games. So to find out about players, they must see the field. Edsall could have played Steven Krajewski in four games last year but couldn't find time in countless blow outs to get him some seasoning.

So what do we have at QB? No one knows, not you, not me, not Edsall. And there is only one way to find out. Snaps in live game. Heck, we night have the next DanO. But at this point there is no way to tell.

Reaction Score
I wanted Dan Orlovsky, Tim Boyle and Mike Nebrich to promoted to the first team. Can't help it that I'm way ahead of the curve. Thanks for noticing.

Once again, this upcoming year we have not seen any of the QBs when bullets are flying except a cameo by Steven Krajewski. I believe the only way to judge a player is in games. So to find out about players, they must see the field. Edsall could have played Steven Krajewski in four games last year but couldn't find time in countless blow outs to get him some seasoning.

So what do we have at QB? No one knows, not you, not me, not Edsall. And there is only one way to find out. Snaps in live game. Heck, we night have the next DanO. But at this point there is no way to tell.
The guy that mishandled Mike Nebrich was Paul Pasqualoni, plain and simple. PP could not recognize QB talent and potential for his life. If Edsall had never left, Nebrich who was initially recruited by Moorhead, would have starred at UConn.

Reaction Score

To me it just means you can’t tell anything by what Edsall says about the quarterback. So we will see.

Reaction Score
Beaudry. with perhaps a change at the half depending on what transpires.

Reaction Score
The guy that mishandled Mike Nebrich was Paul Pasqualoni, plain and simple. PP could not recognize QB talent and potential for his life. If Edsall had never left, Nebrich who was initially recruited by Moorhead, would have starred at UConn.

While we all wanted to see mike n under center here, I’m not sure I’d say P didn’t recognize qb talent. Look at the guys he recruited -Casey, Boyle is a cheese head and Lagow ended up doing ok at IU. He could recruit. Now, being a HC ......

Reaction Score

Need to spell our starting QB’s name right on the tweet

Reaction Score
While we all wanted to see mike n under center here, I’m not sure I’d say P didn’t recognize qb talent. Look at the guys he recruited -Casey, Boyle is a cheese head and Lagow ended up doing ok at IU. He could recruit. Now, being a HC .
What Edsall and Moorhead tried to build up at Uconn, Paul Pasqualoni managed to destroy in two short years. PP flat out didn't recognize QB talent, giving the football to junior trick shot artist Johnny McEntee over Nebrich, and over the wishes of demoted OC and QB's coach, Joe Moorhead during the Fall 2011 season, said it all. At that point Moorhead had had enough and resigned from UConn right after the conclusion of the 2011 season to coach Fordham, and took Nebrich with him right before August 2012 practices started. Lagow woke up too to PP's ineptitude and left after one summer.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom