So, Muffet wants to "preserve" Pat's legacy? LOL! | The Boneyard

So, Muffet wants to "preserve" Pat's legacy? LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This particular UT fan doesn't WANT Muffet's help in preserving Pat's legacy.No matter WHO wins tonight,it will not and will ever affect Pat's name and her legendary status.Even if Geno wins 20 titles,it will not take away from anything Pat ever did.Her legacy is cemented.
The game would NOT be where it is today without Coach Summitt.Young girls for over 30 years dreamed of one day either winning titles with her as their coach or shaking her hand after defeating the LV for a championship.I'm fed up with this mindset that some LV fans have that it's the end of the world if another coach(especially Geno) gets more than 8 titles.
Two great teams will face off in Nashville tonight for the NCAA title.Sadly,ESPN will constantly be mentioning Coach Summitt's name just to create controversy if UConn wins.Both teams deserve better.
I don't have a dog in the fight(no pun intended),but if UConn happens to win,I wouldn't really care to see CMM get a butt-whipping.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
This particular UT fan doesn't WANT Muffet's help in preserving Pat's legacy.No matter WHO wins tonight,it will not and will ever affect Pat's name and her legendary status.Even if Geno wins 20 titles,it will not take away from anything Pat ever did.Her legacy is cemented.
The game would NOT be where it is today without Coach Summitt.Young girls for over 30 years dreamed of one day either winning titles with her as their coach or shaking her hand after defeating the LV for a championship.I'm fed up with this mindset that some LV fans have that it's the end of the world if another coach(especially Geno) gets more than 8 titles.
Two great teams will face off in Nashville tonight for the NCAA title.Sadly,ESPN will constantly be mentioning Coach Summitt's name just to create controversy if UConn wins.Both teams deserve better.
I don't have a dog in the fight(no pun intended),but if UConn happens to win,I wouldn't really care to see CMM get a butt-whipping.

:) "No matter WHO wins tonight,it will not and will ever affect Pat's name and her legendary status.Even if Geno wins 20 titles,it will not take away from anything Pat ever did.Her legacy is cemented."

:) "The game would NOT be where it is today without Coach Summitt.Young girls for over 30 years dreamed of one day either winning titles with her as their coach or shaking her hand after defeating the LV for a championship."

:) "I'm fed up with this mindset that some LV fans have that it's the end of the world if another coach(especially Geno) gets more than 8 titles."

:) "Two great teams will face off in Nashville tonight for the NCAA title.Sadly,ESPN will constantly be mentioning Coach Summitt's name just to create controversy if UConn wins.Both teams deserve better."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another thing:I don't think Muffett really gives a rat's @$$ about preserving any "legacy".Tonight's game is in Nashville,and everyone and their dog knows that this is just a cheap ploy to get the lady Vols fans in attendance to root for ND.I find it offensive that someone who 'cherishes" Coach Summitt would use such a bush-league tactic to play to the fans.If she wants to win for someone,why not Achumwa,who was injured and played hard for her all year.Heck,win it for the girls who played their hearts out to get to the title game.
I find it terribly offensive that Pat's name was brought up in such a cheap,exploitive way by someone who's supposed to be a respected head coach.

T

TroyHouse66

Icjeff:
<<...this is just a cheap ploy to get the lady Vols fans in attendance to root for ND.I find it offensive that someone... would use such a bush-league tactic to play to the fans.>>

Does anybody get the feeling you wouldn't want to get caught in a dark alley dispute with these Philly kids? They play HARD... glad we got one on our side.

Reaction Score
Another thing:I don't think Muffett really gives a rat's @ about preserving any "legacy".Tonight's game is in Nashville,and everyone and their dog knows that this is just a cheap ploy to get the lady Vols fans in attendance to root for ND.I find it offensive that someone who 'cherishes" Coach Summitt would use such a bush-league tactic to play to the fans.If she wants to win for someone,why not Achumwa,who was injured and played hard for her all year.Heck,win it for the girls who played their hearts out to get to the title game.
I find it terribly offensive that Pat's name was brought up in such a cheap,exploitive way by someone who's supposed to be a respected head coach.
Don't take Muffy to seriously, she often has a brain foof now and then. I a fan of our dogs in the fight got a kick the other night looking at all the ND fans painted up and dressed in the green. Good fans, this while Muffy was in Blue & White poka dots...

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score

Despite the way the rivalry ended, I have always seen it as foolish to be a Coach Summitt hater. UConn became the UConn we know today as a result of this intense rivalry and the challenge that beating the legendary LVs represented. It launched us and WCBB to heights that could not have been attained otherwise. The LV program was the gold standard of excellence that UConn wanted to achieve and the creator of that standard is Coach Summitt.

ND's disingenuous propaganda and head games may work or they may not, but as you say, the Summitt legend will not be impacted at all by the outcome of this game.

Reaction Score
Coach Summitt's legacy is preserved. It doesn't matter how many titles Geno or Muffet wins.

Reaction Score
Yeah - whatever Muffet has to do to rev up her team, good for her...... yes Pat's record is intact..... revolutionized the women's game...... I hate how she attempted to - without substantiation, and hiding in the weeds - drive our program into the dirt a few years ago, but she should be respected and revered for what she did to elevate the game..... Kudos to her record.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Coach Summitt's legacy is preserved. It doesn't matter how many titles Geno or Muffet wins.

Yeah, ok she is wonderful - in your eyes. Why don't you have a statue of her presented to every div 1 wbb team so they can put it in their lobbies?

There is so much arrogance displayed by the LV's even though they have become irrelevant. Back to the Summitt with you - you can whine there about every loss you endured throughout history, all due to bad officiating. Maybe you can start some rumors about Stewart's parents getting some 'known only to you' illegal perks'.

Reaction Score
Yeah, ok she is wonderful - in your eyes. Why don't you have a statue of her presented to every div 1 wbb team so they can put it in their lobbies?

There is so much arrogance displayed by the LV's even though they have become irrelevant. Back to the Summitt with you - you can whine there about every loss you endured throughout history, all due to bad officiating. Maybe you can start some rumors about Stewart's parents getting some 'known only to you' illegal perks'.

Ladyvols09 was pretty much echoing what I said.Pat's legacy is not and will not be affected by what any other coach does.Also,I doubt seriously that you'll find ANY WCBB coach that'll regard Tennessee as 'irrelevant".

Reaction Score
Coach Summit's legacy is set in stone. Muffet was saying all that to spur her team on to a win.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The UTenn program has not let bygones be bygones(and wants to continue to be seen as the "injured party") and the fan base continues its comical, trailer trash vilification of Geno (their only acknowledgment of Final 4 these true fans of WCBB) which just continues to remind anyone who will listen of the worst of Pat Summit. I cringe every time I see one of their hate mongers over here doing their Pat Summit canonization. Muffy brought the ghost of all that crap into the days leading up to the Championship game and frankly detracted from the game and women's ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom