So much to like about Sanogo's skillset and game | The Boneyard

So much to like about Sanogo's skillset and game

Reaction Score
So much to like about Sanogo's skillset and game. Strength, footwork, soft touch, efficiency. He is an absolute joy to watch. Nothing flashy, he simply gets the job done. Can't wait to see him play against better competition. He is a beast.

Reaction Score
He's trimmed down a bit. Looks a little more mobile. Nice work from him and the new strength coach.

I'm sure he'll be good for a decent 12 points and 7 rebounds a game versus most teams. What will make him "great" vs just "pretty good" will be his defense without fouling and his FT shooting.

Reaction Score
Flashing out for a steal and then running the floor for a dunk is just icing on the cake. Quicker than I remember.
Did you forget that drive he made last season? This kid is just scratching the surface of his offensive potential. I would not be in the least bit surprised if hes hitting jumpers at some point.

Reaction Score
So much to like about Sanogo's skillset and game. Strength, footwork, soft touch, efficiency. He is an absolute joy to watch. Nothing flashy, he simply gets the job done. Can't wait to see him play against better competition. He is a beast.

He's trimmed down a bit. Looks a little more mobile. Nice work from him and the new strength coach.

I'm sure he'll be good for a decent 12 points and 7 rebounds a game versus most teams. What will make him "great" vs just "pretty good" will be his defense without fouling and his FT shooting.
All that was said regarding Sanogo is well deserved. The one thing that I would like to see from him is when he gets the ball down low he very rarely looks to pass back out and seems to struggle with that. He is a force to be reckoned with. Vastly improved his game and body.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
All that was said regarding Sanogo is well deserved. The one thing that I would like to see from him is when he gets the ball down low he very rarely looks to pass back out and seems to struggle with that. He is a force to be reckoned with. Vastly improved his game and body.
Yeah, no real complaints. He rarely looks to pass out but when we don't have shooters right now I don't blame him.

The only thing I wish he would do is dunk the ball when he's under the basket and break the rim. He has the power and strength to dominate almost anyone

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When Jeff Adrien played us fans would often say stuff like "If JA only had 2"-3" more inches, he would be a terror". Well, we now know what a 2"-3" in taller JA looks like.

Yes, Sanogo's footwork is a joy to watch. Last night he was able to slow down the game, and as others have already commented, recognized doubles, passed out of them and was able to score with either hand. Only one game, but if I were DH, I'd give Sanogo's game film from last night to every BE coach as an early Christmas gift. You have to game plan for that level of skill and performance. You can't "hope" he has a bad night.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
This is a fair point but I’d also say that he has an uncanny ability to almost always be able to get himself a good look. That said, I don’t see anyone in the big East who’s going to be able to stop him one on one (Watson included), so he’ll likely start some more doubles and need to show the passing skills.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
He's also playing within himself. The game is moving at the right speed for him and he seems in command of himself on the floor.

His talent and control are going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Reaction Score
When Jeff Adrien played us fans would often say stuff like "If JA only had 2"-3" more inches, he would be a terror". Well, we now know what a 2"-3" in taller JA looks like.

Yes, Sanogo's footwork is a joy to watch. Last night he was able to slow down the game, and as others have already commented, recognized doubles, passed out of them and was able to score with either hand. Only one game, but if I were DH, I'd give Sanogo's game film from last night to every BE coach as an early Christmas gift. You have to game plan for that level of skill and performance. You can't "hope" he has a bad night.
Believe me! Coaches are already on notice regarding Sanogo after last night even though it was CCSU.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I still think he should use the glass more inside.

Reaction Score
I know the coaches know about him, but I want Hurley to make sure they know he knows they know about Sanogo. Got it?
The way that Hurley keeps things under his vest.

Italian Reaction GIF by makinghistory

Reaction Score
the best thing about Sanogo is how simple he makes everything. Ball, dribble, turn over a shoulder, shoot. He doesn't ever get those ticky tack pushoff calls, the travels, the offensive fouls.

Simple, efficient, brutal.

Reaction Score
Only thing I wish I would have seen him do/skill to add is that when they leave him that open & sink into the paint, there were a couple fish out of water moments where he’s stuck holding the ball waiting on someone to come get it.

If they’re going to leave him that open, I’d like to see him develop the ability to pull the trigger on that shot or put it on the floor a little bit

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
His defense is underrated. He’s longer than he looks he had a measured wingspan of 7’3. I like how much lateral space he takes up. He also never gets moved, backed down because he has such good lower body strength. I remember watching him vs RC in high school one play big cliff lowered his shoulder and accelerated full speed into his chest and he didn’t even flinch. He would have make an unreal left tackle.

Reaction Score
His defense is underrated. He’s longer than he looks he had a measured wingspan of 7’3. I like how much lateral space he takes up. He also never gets moved, backed down because he has such good lower body strength. I remember watching him vs RC in high school one play big cliff lowered his shoulder and accelerated full speed into his chest and he didn’t even flinch. He would have make an unreal left tackle.
LOL - Please don’t give the NFL any ideas. Seriously, most of all, he’s a great kid. Humble yet confident in his abilities and his work ethic is unmatched.
From a technical aspect he has such a nice release on his baby hook shots - smooth and soft. His core body is just so strong. Adama is also a very coachable kid. I am sure a joy to coach because he applies the coaching in real time. Chief recognizes he’s not a First Night type player and as a result he will never be a favorite of certain Casual Fans. But, when it comes to doing things to win competitive games, he is a joy for Chief to watch and easy to root for as a person.

Reaction Score
I want him here for this year and next which is a dream. I was crucified for mentioning Sanogo in the same sentence as Okafor a while back. Always hard to compare but Sanogo has better footwork and touch this early. Oak did everything for us. It’s very early I understand but we’ll see.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I was impressed with his basketball IQ last year. After the CCSU I was excited about what we have. Yes it was CCSU, however he was so smooth in his footwork and laying the ball into the net. It was mentioned above he should use the glass more. I would not disagree, but that soft touch under the net is patented. Cannot wait for Atlantis. That is going to tell us (me) more on him and the team as a whole.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom