So much for keeping the CT recruits at home! | The Boneyard

So much for keeping the CT recruits at home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think that Coach P needs to reevaluate his strategy on keeping CT's top recruits @ Uconn, bcuz so far his system is flawed! Andrew Isaacs, a 4 Star ESPN Top 150 Recruit from Manchester CT, just committed to BOSTON COLLEGE FOR GODS SAKES!!! Can anyone tell me if the lead recruiter for this kid, Matt Cersosimo has EVER landed us a decent recruit????? Jesus........

Reaction Score
Saw tape on this kid, seemed like a bright player. You would think he would have paid attention to the college football landscape and noticed that uconn is a much better football school for someone with his talents than bcu....That being said the kid is in our backyard and we couldnt get him....

Reaction Score
Doubt it....hopefully we have a new wr coach soon!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Recruiting to a Big East school is an uphill battle right now. Every other school will be recruiting against Big East Schools by saying that by the time this player is a Junior, we might not be in a big boy conference. Whether or not that's true is irrelevant. You can get a 17 year old kid to believe just about anything if you wear a fancy suit. And if he hears it from 5 or 6 different staffs and all we have is one staff saying the opposite, then it will be hard to win the battle.

Also, our old staff wasn't even in the discussion for the top players in the state. PP and crew have been here for one year and are clearly making progress, having landed many recruits that are regarded more highly than guys we have gotten in the past and in having been in discussions with many other top level recruits. Pointing to one guy that went to BCU and one guy that went to PSU doesn't change that. You don't just come into a place like UConn and start automatically landing 4 and 5 star players.

Reaction Score
This happened like 3 weeks ago.....hes a 2013 recruit and cited the Big East instability as his reason for not committing to UConn, lets give it some time, there is 20 months for P to figure this kid out

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think that Coach P needs to reevaluate his strategy on keeping CT's top recruits @ Uconn, bcuz so far his system is flawed! Andrew Isaacs, a 4 Star ESPN Top 150 Recruit from Manchester CT, just committed to BOSTON COLLEGE FOR GODS SAKES!!! Can anyone tell me if the lead recruiter for this kid, Matt Cersosimo has EVER landed us a decent recruit????? Jesus........
It's extraordinarily simplistic and flat out wrong to just chalk it up to "Coach P can't keep kids in CT". If he did in fact cite the lack of stability in the Big East as part of his decision, then it's a lot bigger problem than you can reasonably expect Coach P (or anyone) to just snap his fingers and solve.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This happened like 3 weeks ago.....hes a 2013 recruit and cited the Big East instability as his reason for not committing to UConn, lets give it some time, there is 20 months for P to figure this kid out
this

also the kid either has family in boston or is orgianlly from the area up there i forget which. yea we lost one but this post is A JOKE! we have rennick and casey this year and had dobbs before the situation happened. P is doing work on CT and i like it. this years class will be small, but next years will be 10+bcs kids. the future is bright.

also he is not a 4* recruit. and hes espn 150 watch list, if you have watched the tape you lnow he is not worthy of that top 150. hes a solid 3 maybe 4 * recruit but come on...

Reaction Score
It's extraordinarily simplistic and flat out wrong to just chalk it up to "Coach P can't keep kids in CT". If he did in fact cite the lack of stability in the Big East as part of his decision, then it's a lot bigger problem than you can reasonably expect Coach P (or anyone) to just snap his fingers and solve.
I'm not saying Coach P is at fault, just saying he needs to reevaluate his recruiting approach, notably Matt Cersosimo. Name one recruit that hes been able to land?

Reaction Score
I'm not saying Coach P is at fault, just saying he needs to reevaluate his recruiting approach, notably Matt Cersosimo. Name one recruit that hes been able to land?

He's been responsible for:

Elijah Norris (2012)
Kamal Abrams (2011)
Byron Jones(2010)
Tebucky Jones (2010)
David Kenney (2009)
Jerome Williams (2008)
Marcus Campnell (2007)

And that is just from the Rivals site after 1 minute of research, which only lists the coach if the recruit mentions who recruited him....I'm sure there is a lot more

Reaction Score
The kid is a 2013 recruit, so if it were really a question of each school's future, he could have waited.

Reaction Score
Recruiting to a Big East school is an uphill battle right now. Every other school will be recruiting against Big East Schools by saying that by the time this player is a Junior, we might not be in a big boy conference. Whether or not that's true is irrelevant. You can get a 17 year old kid to believe just about anything if you wear a fancy suit. And if he hears it from 5 or 6 different staffs and all we have is one staff saying the opposite, then it will be hard to win the battle.

Better keep hoping for an ACC (an all sports conference) bid or recruiting is gonna keep getting tougher for the Big East (12 football teams, 55 basketball teams and who knows what on other sports).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not saying Coach P is at fault, just saying he needs to reevaluate his recruiting approach...

His approach is the get the best players possible to come to UConn. Seems sound to me.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing....some kids entertain the idea of staying in state to play football. But they have no intention of staying at home....they want to get out of CT and experience something new, and get away from there parents....

Reaction Score

waaa waaaa. we didnt' get everyone i want. waaa waaaa

Reaction Score
Would you stop! The cluelessness is just beyond belief. No, we are not landing every D-1A recruit from Connecticut. Deal with it.

Reaction Score
BC is closer to Manchester than Miami is to Tampa. it's in our back yard. If someone from San Diego goes to Cal do you say oh my god how come USC let them go to northern CA. New England is like a small midwestern state. Going to BC is so close. I've said it before. Most kids don't pick schools simply based on the football program. Kids who want the city life don't pick Storrs CT. If Uconn doesn't have the major a kid wants he isn't coming even if PP was his dad. As far as football is concerned BC is easily on par w/ Uconn and historically better. The fit has to be there. It's not like if you go here you will go pro, and at BC you won't. It also seems to me that top offensive talent is waiting for a quarterback who can get the ball down field before coming here (maybe CC is that kid).

Reaction Score
Saw tape on this kid, seemed like a bright player. You would think he would have paid attention to the college football landscape and noticed that uconn is a much better football school for someone with his talents than bcu....That being said the kid is in our backyard and we couldnt get him....

How do you figure. BC has a better football program, better academics, is in an AQ conference that will exist in 5 years, and is in a better geographic area. Dont really get understand how looking at the landscape of college football would show that uconn is a MUCH better football program. Yukon football doesnt bring one thing to the table, and thats why BC doesnt lose recruits to sueconn. Football recruits arent impressed with womens college basketball success as all you take so much pride in.

Reaction Score
I believe BCU lost a runningback by the name of Jordan Todman to UConn.. He went on to have a pretty good career...

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
I believe BCU lost a runningback by the name of Jordan Todman to UConn.
....or Anthony Sherman, Dwayne Difton, Jason Sylva, Jimmy Bennett, and Deon Anderson to name a few others.

Reaction Score
I believe BCU lost a runningback by the name of Jordan Todman to UConn.. He went on to have a pretty good career...

I liked Todman a lot when he was coming out of High School. Would have been great to have him go to BC but he could not get thru the admissions department at BC. Something that happens now and again.

Reaction Score
I liked Todman a lot when he was coming out of High School. Would have been great to have him go to BC but he could not get thru the admissions department at BC. Something that happens now and again.

Hahahahaha! Pathetic BCU fans.

Reaction Score

I thought the story was that BC insisted he was a CB, not an RB. Was not aware academics were an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom