So Long Bahamas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So Long Bahamas

Reaction Score
Have there been any announcements on future MTEs?

Bahamas was great, but as others have said game times were less than ideal.

Reaction Score
This is now the best preseason tournament in the country, we'll be back

The officiating was awful, especially at the end of MSU and vs VCU (both opponents play physical FWIW)
What conference did the refs come from? Really bad crews.

Reaction Score
I've never seen commentators officiate games like they did at this tournament. The referees were atrocious. Games were too close together. I hope we never play this event again.
These kids grow up playing AAU basketball where you typically play 4 games in a weekend. The game spacing wasn’t an issue.

Reaction Score
These kids grow up playing AAU basketball where you typically play 4 games in a weekend. The game spacing wasn’t an issue.
But with nowhere near the defensive intensity as in a high level college game so not really apples to apples.

Reaction Score
That 2OT game against Auburn had a March intensity and the kids are in late November game condition. Maybe they beat MSU with Whaley playing. I think the value in these games was in finding out work needs to be done to neutralize teams that bring pressure. The team is still a work in progress.

Reaction Score
Definitely cut into beach time.
Agree the times were less than ideal, especially for those with kids in tow who would much rather be on the water slides. Had the same problem at the previous 2 B4A tourneys and now my son is old enough to accept that we are there because of bball. It also helps that we spent 8 days in the Bahamas, so we did have plenty of pool/beach time, including some today due to a late flight.

When we did paradise jam in St. Thomas, all out games were at night so that was nice. But if I recall correctly, the last Maui tourney had games that ate into pool/beach time as well. Just a fact with these tourneys.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Didn't help yesterday was beautiful - would have preferred cloudy and rain
Yesterday was nicer still, and we were lucky to make it home last night due to narrowly averting a few obstacles--including our pilot devising a bold plan to literally jump in front of the 60 planes ahead of us on the runway so his FAA clearance wouldn't expire in the meantime--but coming back to this weather is jarring!

Very surprised by the aggressive DEA agents in the Atlanta airport. Exit ramp off the plane was filled with agents and sniffy dogs, and several people on the flight were already running late for connections because we were more than an hour late leaving NAS. They searched my carry-ons, as well as my wife's and two of my three daughters'; and several other passengers' carry-ons as well, ranging from young kids to folks in their 70s and all points in between--all the while holding people up. Then we arrive home to see that our two large, checked bags had been fully unpacked, searched, and then stuffed back in haphazardly, ruining my travel toiletry bag, which itself was fully unpacked and then thrown back in with the toothpaste left open so it emptied all over and caked everything in my bag. I'm lucky that's all that was ruined. They did the same thing with the baby oil in the other checked bag; thank God it was still in its own bag, so it only ruined that.

I've had my bags searched several times before, but they have always left a note indicating that; and they had at least attempted not to be too disruptive to things that could open and release on the plane. This was totally ridiculous. Is there some big drug trafficking concern from the Bahamas?

Reaction Score
I DON’T WANT TO LEAVE!!!
Leaving Sunday was a little depressing, glad we stayed Saturday to relax without stress of a game. I hope UConn is back and other fans get to experience this tournament. I know it something my son and I will share forever.

Hopefully by next tourney they’ll get the tickets and food/drink ticket thing figured out.

Till next time Atlantis

U-C-O-N-N

Reaction Score
Yesterday was nicer still, and we were lucky to make it home last night due to narrowly averting a few obstacles--including our pilot devising a bold plan to literally jump in front of the 60 planes ahead of us on the runway so his FAA clearance wouldn't expire in the meantime--but coming back to this weather is jarring!

Very surprised by the aggressive DEA agents in the Atlanta airport. Exit ramp off the plane was filled with agents and sniffy dogs, and several people on the flight were already running late for connections because we were more than an hour late leaving NAS. They searched my carry-ons, as well as my wife's and two of my three daughters'; and several other passengers' carry-ons as well, ranging from young kids to folks in their 70s and all points in between--all the while holding people up. Then we arrive home to see that our two large, checked bags had been fully unpacked, searched, and then stuffed back in haphazardly, ruining my travel toiletry bag, which itself was fully unpacked and then thrown back in with the toothpaste left open so it emptied all over and caked everything in my bag. I'm lucky that's all that was ruined. They did the same thing with the baby oil in the other checked bag; thank God it was still in its own bag, so it only ruined that.

I've had my bags searched several times before, but they have always left a note indicating that; and they had at least attempted not to be too disruptive to things that could open and release on the plane. This was totally ridiculous. Is there some big drug trafficking concern from the Bahamas?
Might be Atlanta Airport. I flew into DC - I did customs in the Bahamas, didn't check a thing. Of course I have Global Traveler so maybe that was the difference. Got to DC, picked up my bag and off I was.

Reaction Score
Might be Atlanta Airport. I flew into DC - I did customs in the Bahamas, didn't check a thing. Of course I have Global Traveler so maybe that was the difference. Got to DC, picked up my bag and off I was.
Flew into Dallas. Also cleared customs and immigration in Nassau so no problems at all.

Reaction Score

Maybe this had something to do with it

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well now I feel kind of bad that I give a tip about narcotics trafficking from Paradise Island using a Connecticut family as mules. I thought it would be funny.

Kendall Jenner Joke GIF

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Maybe this had something to do with it

Yeah, we saw that on the news when we were flying down, but we went through Charlotte then; I don't think that had anything to do with yesterday. They were DEA and definitely focused on drugs, not weapons.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we saw that on the news when we were flying down, but we went through Charlotte then; I don't think that had anything to do with yesterday. They were DEA and definitely focused on drugs, not weapons.
Interesting

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

They were onto you 8893 but you were more clever :cool:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They were onto you 8893 but you were more clever :cool:
When the agent searching my bag asked me "Did you smoke anything down there?" I was wishing that I could have said "the competition," but that wouldn't have been accurate--so I just said "no."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom