So Kia Has Tied The UConn Record For Consecutive 3s | The Boneyard

So Kia Has Tied The UConn Record For Consecutive 3s

Reaction Score
Very impressive!

Good for her! Her jump shot has really improved it seems, ball comes out of her hands a lot smoother with a nice spin to it. You can tell she has put in the time to improve it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Will break the record come Sunday. And more. Go #1 WNBA pick.

Whoa whoa whoa Jordy, slow your roll. One thing at a time. I'm with you on her getting the record. She's my girl, but (Pardon my English) she AIN'T going #1. Some posters here think she'll go 9-12. She'll go in the first round, but probably not in the first 7-8.

This will be a deep draft. Lots of talent coming out this year. Lots of choices. This year, the GM's will be like a kid in a toy store at Christmas time. ALL of the shiny new toys will look GOOD!!! The problem is, which one do you pick? You can only have one in the first round! :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Much as I am a big fan of Kia and Doty is one of my favorite Huskies, the notion that they share a 10 for 10 3s record with Katie Lou is more than a bit strange or silly IMO. BTW has anyone checked out whether in the game before or after Lou's 10 her last or first 3 attempt dropped??

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Much as I am a big fan of Kia and Doty is one of my favorite Huskies, the notion that they share a 10 for 10 3s record with Katie Lou is more than a bit strange or silly IMO. BTW has anyone checked out whether in the game before or after Lou's 10 her last or first 3 attempt dropped??
Yes, it was checked. There are two different NCAA 'records':
1. 3 point shooting in a single game, which is 100% shared by many but Lou holds the record with 10 makes.
2. Consecutive made 3 pointers across multiple games - NCAA record 14 (don't know the record holder), Uconn record 10 held by Lou (single game), Caroline, and Kia both in multiple games.

There is nothing wrong with recognizing two different records - it does not diminish Lou's record for single game proficiency to recognize other players consistency across multiple games.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Whoa whoa whoa Jordy, slow your roll. One thing at a time. I'm with you on her getting the record. She's my girl, but (Pardon my English) she AIN'T going #1. Some posters here think she'll go 9-12. She'll go in the first round, but probably not in the first 7-8.

This will be a deep draft. Lots of talent coming out this year. Lots of choices. This year, the GM's will be like a kid in a toy store at Christmas time. ALL of the shiny new toys will look GOOD!!! The problem is, which one do you pick? You can only have one in the first round! :confused:
Yeah way too big a roll. I meant first round pick. #1 to the team that picks her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yeah way too big a roll. I meant first round pick. #1 to the team that picks her.
But.. but what if a team has more than one pick in the first round like Chicago:cool:.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
But.. but what if a team has more than one pick in the first round like Chicago:cool:.
Your point is better and bigger than mine. Something to chew on.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
recognize other players consistency across multiple games.

How would you feel about a player taking and making one 3 in 10 consecutive games? There is a penchant in sports to track stats and make some of them records, carried to the 9th degree in the grand old game of baseball. If consecutive 3s across games is a "record" it is a record, just not a particularly meaningful one IMO.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Name a great 3-point shooter who is also a lock-down defender--other than Kia Nurse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom