So I went to bed at halftime... | The Boneyard

So I went to bed at halftime...

Reaction Score
Game is DVRed. Figured that I would endure the pain of the 2nd half tonight. Boise put on a clinic. Pushed UConn all over the field. A total meltdown by the Huskies.
This program has light years to go before it can be considered as competitive. Freshmen were way overmatched in all phases. Boise's ability to open gaping holes with its line play experienced linemen was to be expected. UConn's inability to fill gaps or tackle only added to the carnage.
Today, UConn is the laughingstock of college football after playing Top 20 teams for 2 consecutive weeks. Next week they play the annual FCS game. This could get really ugly.
Freshmen will make mistakes. There have been too many for Randy to get corrected at once. False starts, giving receivers 10 yard cushions, lack of pass rush, basic tackling. Where's the light at the end of the tunnel? The fanbase needs to see hope for the future. Regardless of the score next week, if HCRE is committed to his freshmen playing, Krajewski needs to play some snaps for his development. Take advantage of this new 4 game rule.
A bigger question: How can the coaching staff pitch UConn to prospective recruits after the debacle of the last 2 weeks if this continues for the rest of the season? Will Benedict keep HCRE around for another season if the program falls further into the abyss as Randy is HIS hire & his own administration could be on the line?
Sorry for the rant of a long time fan of the program, but I've already begun thinking about who to hire as HCRE's replacement if he were to be terminated. Real question is who would want to take on quenching this dumpster fire? UConn, for its own credibility, needs a proven head coach who's ability to recruit & turn a program around is unquestioned. It can't hire an untested assistant from another program or a retread has been looking to pad his retirement plan. Been there , done that.
Or, Randy could be a magician & get this going in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Rutgers might set the record for the longest losing streak in a series against Ohio State.

Forget Kentucky. UConn can regain respectibility, just going to take time. Union beating Coast Guard was easier to watch.

Reaction Score
Game is DVRed. Figured that I would endure the pain of the 2nd half tonight. Boise put on a clinic. Pushed UConn all over the field. A total meltdown by the Huskies.
This program has light years to go before it can be considered as competitive. Freshmen were way overmatched in all phases. Boise's ability to open gaping holes with its line play experienced linemen was to be expected. UConn's inability to fill gaps or tackle only added to the carnage.
Today, UConn is the laughingstock of college football after playing Top 20 teams for 2 consecutive weeks. Next week they play the annual FCS game. This could get really ugly.
Freshmen will make mistakes. There have been too many for Randy to get corrected at once. False starts, giving receivers 10 yard cushions, lack of pass rush, basic tackling. Where's the light at the end of the tunnel? The fanbase needs to see hope for the future. Regardless of the score next week, if HCRE is committed to his freshmen playing, Krajewski needs to play some snaps for his development. Take advantage of this new 4 game rule.
A bigger question: How can the coaching staff pitch UConn to prospective recruits after the debacle of the last 2 weeks if this continues for the rest of the season? Will Benedict keep HCRE around for another season if the program falls further into the abyss as Randy is HIS hire & his own administration could be on the line?
Sorry for the rant of a long time fan of the program, but I've already begun thinking about who to hire as HCRE's replacement if he were to be terminated. Real question is who would want to take on quenching this dumpster fire? UConn, for its own credibility, needs a proven head coach who's ability to recruit & turn a program around is unquestioned. It can't hire an untested assistant from another program or a retread has been looking to pad his retirement plan. Been there , done that.
Truthfully, we've been a laughingstock since late in PP's tenure...and when Diaco took over with his antics, it just drove us straight into the ground.
I just don't see how RCRE can recruit impact players to turn it around in the foreseeable future. Every 50 point beatdown only makes us more attractive to the marginal players who don't get offers elsewhere. And after 3-9 last year and the 2 beatdowns in 2018, his coaching hasn't shown to make any difference.
I got a hotel room and tickets for the Syracuse game but am seriously considering bagging it because they are going to hang another 50 points on us...and I'm not sure I need to spend a lot of $$ / time to watch that..

Reaction Score
I had a nap pregame so stayed up and watched the entire game. My wife is refusing to wear any UCONN gear until Saturday and she slept through 3/4's of it. The level of ineptitude on defense is staggering. We have young players especially in the defensive backfield that don't want to tackle and they may never do so in their careers. Even front seven players can't knock back or take down a running back. We get knocked backwards making the tackle or are dragged for 3-5 yards. We could have played with 14 defenders and guys would have been open. Our inside LB's can't get off blocks and are swallowed up whenever the opponent wants to run. The thing is if we had last years D-line back I don't think it would have been any better. We weren't the only team to get blown out yesterday but the embarassment of watching an opponent play 3 QB's and not be stopped while yucking it up on the sidelines is going to be hard to forget.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No, the right decision is to go to that recording and select delete right now.

I’m watching the second half now. Randomly stopped it in the middle of a long TD for Boise. The odds of that were entirely too high.

Reaction Score
Agree with all of Coach's points and concerns, but did promise myself not to draw many conclusions after this early stretch of games. It appears the competition our kids faced is top 20 or better of the FBS. Barring injuries these teams will be in major Bowl games. It's a question of expectations, and mine begin next week. We were overmatched. Whether our coaches and players are up to the challenge will start to play out in the next few weeks. Coaches will have to dissect the films but the players need to move on and just clear their heads from this one.

Reaction Score
Was listening to the IMG broadcast at game's end as they got Edsall's comments. Said he won't even show the game replay to the team this week. Nothing good can come from it. Have to agree. Why kill any more of their confidence? Put it behind them and get ready for URI.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
As long as there is a Rutgers Program you all won't be THE laughing stock of CFB.

You're right in one respect, we have company

RU & Pitt for example

Reaction Score
No, the right decision is to go to that recording and select delete right now.
Good call. I meant the part about stopping at halftime, but I like your decision even better.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Oh, coach, I just realized what's gonna happen on Boise's FIRST SNAP OF THE SECOND HALF and that you haven't seen it yet

Reaction Score
I'd burn the tv too, just to be safe.

Ironically, I was looking at 2 new Samsung 65"ers at B.J.'s Wholesale yesterday for under $ 1K. One was $ 795.00 & the other was $ 998.00. I'll have to bring my resident geek (UConn Engineering) to help me decipher the difference. lol

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You're right in one respect, we have company

RU & Pitt for example

Rutgers shares something with us in that they really have very little talent.

I'm stunned at what PSU did to Pitt in 2nd half. I cannot fathom why Narduzzi stopped running up the gut at end of 1st half. Pitt actually has good talent at most positions.

Reaction Score
Lots of PT available.

Reaction Score
Ironically, I was looking at 2 new Samsung 65"ers at B.J.'s Wholesale yesterday for under $ 1K. One was $ 795.00 & the other was $ 998.00. I'll have to bring my resident geek (UConn Engineering) to help me decipher the difference. lol
Get a 4K.

Reaction Score

. Yes, we've been embarassing and unwatchable for two weeks. But it's two weeks. Can we just try to win the game and get to 1-2 before we start worrying about next year? If the coaches think Krajewski can help us win next week, they'll play him. If they don't, there is still plenty of time to give him a 4 week look without blowing his redshirt.

Reaction Score
Truthfully, we've been a laughingstock since late in PP's tenure...and when Diaco took over with his antics, it just drove us straight into the ground.
I just don't see how RCRE can recruit impact players to turn it around in the foreseeable future. Every 50 point beatdown only makes us more attractive to the marginal players who don't get offers elsewhere. And after 3-9 last year and the 2 beatdowns in 2018, his coaching hasn't shown to make any difference.
I got a hotel room and tickets for the Syracuse game but am seriously considering bagging it because they are going to hang another 50 points on us...and I'm not sure I need to spend a lot of $$ / time to watch that..

I think the issue here is that recruiting was so horrendous under Coach Diaco that HCRE is forced to play true freshmen. I said earlier that if you are starting true freshman on the lines and linebacker positions it is going to be a looooooooooong season. To which I got lectured by a poster that I should read all the good things being written about the true frosh and how great they look. Welp.

I like the freshman class especially on the lines but there is absolutely zero way we can play so
many on the d line and be okay. They need to redshirt. To gain strength and reshape their bodies. To watch film and practice.

I changed my tune from a one win prediction to a 3-4 win prediction last week. And I still think we can compete with the dregs of the aac. But HCRE really needs to think about redshirting some of these freshman that are getting overwhelmed.

Reaction Score
Rutgers shares something with us in that they really have very little talent.

I'm stunned at what PSU did to Pitt in 2nd half. I cannot fathom why Narduzzi stopped running up the gut at end of 1st half. Pitt actually has good talent at most positions.

Disagree. Pitt has marginal talent at best at the skill positions and a QB in Pickett who can't complete a pass beyond 10 yards. Once PSU's Coaches saw for themselves that the passing game was nonexistent they overloaded the box and suffocated Pitt's Offense. I don't think they had 60 total yards in the second half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom