So I finally watched HBO's March to Madness | The Boneyard

So I finally watched HBO's March to Madness

Reaction Score
I was able to get a 7 day free trial through Amazon Prime so I watched it all.
I enjoyed it, even the pain of episode 6
Glad Geno let the cameras into the locker room after the loss...and I loved Gabby looking straight at the camera and saying she wished there was a better ending
Watching each episode knowing the outcome, you realize how prescient Geno and Chris were throughout the season-
It was magical to relive the ride this season was...all of it
The loss emphasized how astonishing the season was
I wish there was a way to express to the players how much I appreciate and admire the hard work and sacrifice that goes into a season, and how much enjoyment it generates among so many of us
Have to reflect on Karma- that 60 point beating in 2016 came back...and it wasn't really this team who administered that punishment, but they paid the price
The contradictory nature of sports- years from now no one (except Miss. State fans) will remember who beat UCONN, only that they were beat after an astounding season.
Wondering if Napheesa is camera shy and chose to not participate
Anyhow, it's a good and worthwhile reminder of a remarkable year

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was able to get a 7 day free trial through Amazon Prime so I watched it all.
I enjoyed it, even the pain of episode 6
Glad Geno let the cameras into the locker room after the loss...and I loved Gabby looking straight at the camera and saying she wished there was a better ending
Watching each episode knowing the outcome, you realize how prescient Geno and Chris were throughout the season-
It was magical to relive the ride this season was...all of it
The loss emphasized how astonishing the season was
I wish there was a way to express to the players how much I appreciate and admire the hard work and sacrifice that goes into a season, and how much enjoyment it generates among so many of us
Have to reflect on Karma- that 60 point beating in 2016 came back...and it wasn't really this team who administered that punishment, but they paid the price
The contradictory nature of sports- years from now no one (except Miss. State fans) will remember who beat UConn, only that they were beat after an astounding season.
Wondering if Napheesa is camera shy and chose to not participate
Anyhow, it's a good and worthwhile reminder of a remarkable year
Yeah Deb, that's the thing. Losing in FF is tough, but it was a great, great year. We saw Pheesa explode, Gabby showing herself to be nearly super human, Saniya showing herself to be the player we'd always thought she could be, a new winning streak established, etc. - all great things in a very good season.

And, as I've said before, the Miss State game will stick in these ladies craw, especially Pheesa. I fully expect that next season is going to be something special. These ladies will be on a mission.

Reaction Score
Yeah Deb, that's the thing. Losing in FF is tough, but it was a great, great year. We saw Pheesa explode, Gabby showing herself to be nearly super human, Saniya showing herself to be the player we'd always thought she could be, a new winning streak established, etc. - all great things in a very good season.

And, as I've said before, the Miss State game will stick in these ladies craw, especially Pheesa. I fully expect that next season is going to be something special. These ladies will be on a mission.
Wow, mentions of Pheesa, Gabby and even Saniya (all of them deserving) but no mention of the year KLS had. Pretty odd! I actually thought that she had an All-American year but maybe there's not a consensus!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wow, mentions of Pheesa, Gabby and even Saniya (all of them deserving) but no mention of the year KLS had. Pretty odd! I actually thought that she had an All-American year but maybe there's not a consensus!
You forgot the sarcasm emoji ":rolleyes:".

;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I'm told that on occasion, when feeling playful, her team mates refer to KLS as "the Bucket."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Fair point. The 'slight' was entirely unintended. It probably sprung from the fact that KLS's season was about what I expected and the others surprised me more.:oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom