So, how crazy a fan are you? | The Boneyard

So, how crazy a fan are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I recall a fan back in the 70's that moved to Colorado who would call back home
to have his sister put the phone next to a radio so he could listen to Uconn
football games. Maybe a real fan would fly back to see the games...

Reaction Score
I recall a fan back in the 70's that moved to Colorado who would call back home to have his sister put the phone next to a radio so he could listen to Uconn football games. Maybe a real fan would fly back to see the games...
That's kid stuff. Until you take several hour C&E European trains to watch an infrequent NBC International TV broadcast of a mid-90s' game, fly 20+ hours for Notre Dame, Michigan, and other games, etc., stay up overnight for crappy internet broadcasts of regular season and tourney hoops games (well, maybe not March Madness), or worse, to watch this season's football games you're just touching on fanatical to borderline nuts. SeoulHuskyFan, some guys in Oz, and a few others can relate ...

Reaction Score
That's kid stuff. Until you take several hour C&E European trains to watch an infrequent NBC International TV broadcast of a mid-90s' game, fly 20+ hours for Notre Dame, Michigan, and other games, etc., stay up overnight for crappy internet broadcasts of regular season and tourney hoops games (well, maybe not March Madness), or worse, to watch this season's football games you're just touching on fanatical to borderline nuts. SeoulHuskyFan, some guys in Oz, and a few others can relate ...

Yup... Worst part is that I invited a couple of friends over this year to watch the SMU game because I was sure we would beat them and get my friends hooked. Boy did that turn out well, but we got really hammered on Hefeweizen and Schnapps.

Reaction Score
Yup... Worst part is that I invited a couple of friends over this year to watch the SMU game because I was sure we would beat them and get my friends hooked. Boy did that turn out well, but we got really hammered on Hefeweizen and Schnapps.

you should have got hammered on heffenreffer.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Well, technology has taken some of the craziness out of it, but I did build a stairway to our laje (roof/second floor) at my house in Rio so we could install a satellite dish that would clear the neighboring apartment building so I could watch the one or two games that appeared on the available ESPN platforms, and avoid the horrid illegal streams.

LONG STORY SHORT: I added stairs and a second floor so I could watch 1-3 games a year on satellite.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I showed up in person for the last two home games.
How about every home game and stayed start to finish?

I will defer to those that travelled to see them as well, besides NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger