So can we all agree... | The Boneyard

So can we all agree...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
That UConn is finally getting credit for their defense? :)

Without a superstar like Maya Moore, UConn relied even more this year on its boa constrictor-like defense (Voepel)

While the Huskies were scoring points, their vaunted defense was stymieing the Wildcats (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)

Competition for playing time is intense, and the tipping point can be how tenacious and ferocious a player is at defending, rebounding, and diving for balls. (Boston Globe)

And my new favorite quote, which has nothing to do with the others
“One of the beauties of having a bunch of really good players is that not all of them are as good as they think they are,’’ Auriemma said last week. “That’s really rewarding.’’

HA!

Reaction Score
My feeling is that UConn has always received props for their defense.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I've always wondered, if every year everyone is always talking about how "underrated" or "unnoticed" UConn's defense is, how can it be underrated or unnoticed? :)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I've always wondered, if every year everyone is always talking about how "underrated" or "unnoticed" UConn's defense is, how can it be underrated or unnoticed? :)
Exactly, that can only go on so long. :)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I think UConn has always been known to have great players, so of course they should win and Geno has benefited from having great players. This year the team has proven that its the culture at UConn created by both Geno and Chris Dailey that enables UConn to win the majority of its games and get to Final Fours even when they don't have Super Stars on the team.

Reaction Score
I think UConn has always been known to have great players, so of course they should win and Geno has benefited from having great players. This year the team has proven that its the culture at UConn created by both Geno and Chris Dailey that enables UConn to win the majority of its games and get to Final Fours even when they don't have Super Stars on the team.

Wasn't that nice - the spotlight that ESPN did on Chris Dailey?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Only in its importance to what makes UConn UConn. People see the scoring but understanding the importance of defense is hard for a lot of folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom