So are we still worried about the team's 4th quarter production? | The Boneyard

So are we still worried about the team's 4th quarter production?

Reaction Score
Wow! That was the best finish in years. Last year’s first game against FL was good but this was another level!

Walker was fabulous.

KLS gets the gutsy award though!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Our 4th quarter problems are based on us trying to mesh our underclassman with our starters. For whatever reason, that does not seem to be as easy as we might think. My theory on that is that the talent gap is large enough that most of our underclassmen feel intimidated and play like deers in headlights.

In a game like this where the 4th quarter is a real fight and our starters are in it to the end, I would not expect any fall off.

Reaction Score
The rotation is a clear 7 now, if it wasn't that already. Geno made a point in the post-game interview to single out Megan for playing great.

IMHO, the only other player who has a chance to break into the rotation is BC. We'll see.

Reaction Score
Or the players, or the coaches, performance in close games?
Notre Dame appeared to get tired. Their shots were short and they were missing layups. However, the credit goes to our team who withstood their pressure and finished well down the stretch. Props to the crowd.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
ND missed its shots and UConn was making its shots. For ND it was no doubt a combination of fatigue and duress (defense and game situation). Shots are harder to make in those circumstances.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
As I said early in the Game Thread Arike Ogunbowale can carry ND if her shots fall, but if they don't she'll hurt them. In the 4th quarter, she took some ill advised 3 point shot attempts when UConn got the lead. She tried to do too much and ND's offense suffered. Didn't notice during the telecast, but fans on the ND board said Muffett took Arike out of the game late in 4th quarter. Arike did score 19 points, but took 25 shots to get them.

Reaction Score
As a confirmed worrier, I would say that if UConn is in a close game, and they are only going down the bench as far as Walker, worries should be at a minimum. The issue, as someone else suggested, is that trying to integrate newcomers into the lineup when the game is nkt close has not been a pretty thing to watch, and if UConn has to rely on some of those players later in the season, we really don't know what we will get. Some goes for Bent and Irwin, btw. My real worry now is Gabby and those migraines and KLS and her foot, Not just because the team needs them, but because they are two terrific people and players, and it hurts to see them unable to play as well as we know they can.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom