So are we routing for Michigan? | The Boneyard

So are we routing for Michigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
A win helps our RPI but also has them move off the bubble. Couple that with "god forbid" a loss today might spell doom.

Reaction Score
A win helps our RPI but also has them move off the bubble. Couple that with "god forbid" a loss today might spell doom.
We're fine even with a loss.

I'm rooting for Michigan so that they leapfrog 'Cuse.

Reaction Score
They are still on the bubble with a win. They'll be 5-11 vs. the RPI Top 100. They've lost a lot. I think they still may sweat it out with a win.

Reaction Score
Hope they rout those varmits out the tourney.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Dear God, can anyone on this board spell "rooting"?
If you're ever talking sports with an Aussie, do not use the word "rooting". It has a VERY different meaning in that part of the world...

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Not sure that Michigan didn't actually solidify themselves with yesterday's win already, I'm sick of ESPN making it Lunardi is THE Committee.

They have beat Maryland and Indiana without their best player, that is extremely impressive because the rest of their roster isn't all that talented without Levert. But let's reward Cuse for the games without their cheating coach but not give extra credit for wins minus your All American player....

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
I think it depends on where you think Michigan stands right now. If you're willing to concede them a spot in the field, then you might as well root for them because it increases the value of our win against them. But if you think they might yet miss the tournament, then you should probably be rooting for that to happen. Given how the committee has treated our conference over the past couple years, I'd feel a lot better about a potential loss to Temple, should it happen, if all the bubble teams around us lost as well.

Reaction Score
No, we're not firmly in the field yet and Michigan is one of the teams who could steal a bid.

Purdue is up, but has looked shaky the last few minutes.

Reaction Score
Here comes the Blue & Maize

Yup, Purdue has gone from "shaky" to "imploding".

A Michigan win, combined with a win by either Memphis or Tulane in the AACT, could push us out. This is a huge one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom