So anyone else a little nervous about tomorrow night's game? | The Boneyard

So anyone else a little nervous about tomorrow night's game?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
62739490.jpg

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
There should be some aspect of this fan base that really wants the excitement of meeting a challenge; even if it means manufacturing one.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
I think any team in the country will have a hard time staying with UConn for 40 minutes…as long as our starting five are available to play most of those minutes. It's worth remembering that things got a bit dicey in the nonconference schedule, on more than one occasion, when someone (especially Gabby or Pheesa) got into foul trouble. This easily could happen again tonight, especially if the refs are blowing a tight whistle, and frankly we aren't the same team if one of those key players has to sit for a long while. It's our biggest vulnerability IMO, and particularly against an opponent of this caliber (and with this much size), it could cost us.

In short, I'd be more nervous if this were the NCAA Tournament, but yes, we absolutely could lose this game tonight. By no means am I saying that we will, but it wouldn't shock me.

Reaction Score
Not too much. SC is capable of winning, but several things would have to go wrong on our end. I don't think they can handle our intensity. And when Maya enters the game, SC has no chance! ;)
Maybe that's the single biggest unknown: how many things have to go wrong? Because, in a game with so much pressure some things (but which ones?) almost always seem to go wrong. If Gabby picks up a couple of quick fouls, is that enough going wrong? Or does Pheesa also have to pick up early fouls? Or does it also require Lou missing from outside, etc.? 'Course, if you're right that Maya somehow gets into the game, UConn could have Molly, TLawlor, Kayla, and Natalie out there with her, and UConn would still cruise.

Reaction Score
It is so much easier for the players, we have to sit and watch while our stomachs are churning waiting for the out come. Our girls have passed every test this year, I believe that we will win this game but am still nervous all the same. Go Huskies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If Gabby picks up a couple of quick fouls, is that enough going wrong?

Could be. This 5 is like a delicately tuned watch. She sits and things can get very off. The margin for error is very small. So, yeah I'm worried and will probably invoke my big game superstition and not watch live. I'd like to man up and outgrow this, but ... if I do and we lose I may never recover.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I realize that 'biggest game ever' is just the way people like to talk about things these days, but it's a regular season game between two teams that will probably get 1 seeds regardless. I think some of the past Tennessee and Notre Dame games have had a lot more overall significance. The only thing that makes this one particularly big is that you know these women want their legacy to include passing the streak onto next years team (along with a streak of 5 NC's). This is only a long-distance perception but I think all the 'this is the year to get UConn' talk has really fueled their fire.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get nervous before every game no matter who they are playing although my concerns are more about somebody getting hurt since in their odds of losing are not great..........in games like this one I worry about injuries and then winning...........no matter how many times this group has proved me wrong, I don't think I can change my ways................so far, so good...........

Reaction Score
Could be. This 5 is like a delicately tuned watch. She sits and things can get very off. The margin for error is very small. So, yeah I'm worried and will probably invoke my big game superstition and not watch live. I'd like to man up and outgrow this, but .. if I do and we lose I may never recover.
And we will find out where you live and hunt you down! :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I realize that 'biggest game ever' is just the way people like to talk about things these days, but it's a regular season game between two teams that will probably get 1 seeds regardless.
Yea, non-conference game that will probably not have much impact on NCAA Seedings. Only thing is it will end streak, but record has already been set. Can't have an undefeated season, but not too many expected that anyway. Really, at this point, UCONN is playing with House Money.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Could be. This 5 is like a delicately tuned watch. She sits and things can get very off. The margin for error is very small. So, yeah I'm worried and will probably invoke my big game superstition and not watch live. I'd like to man up and outgrow this, but .. if I do and we lose I may never recover.
Already set my DVR. The things I do for UCONN. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom