SNY's Maria Marino pushing for more equal women's sport coverage | The Boneyard

SNY's Maria Marino pushing for more equal women's sport coverage

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice background story on Maria Marino

For NJ's Maria Marino, being a champion for women's sports matters (northjersey.com)

Even before conversations about gender disparities erupted during March Madness this past spring, Marino was a champion for women’s sports coverage. While at FNTSY Sports network, one of her many gigs, she hosted a daily mini show focusing on the WNBA and women’s basketball. While at Sirius XM, she included the league in her radio updates. Her next goal at SNY is to cover theNCAA Women’s Final Four in 2022.

“Getting to cover UConn women’s basketball for SNY is a huge outlet for me because I personally feel very strongly about lack of coverage of women’s sports across the board,” Marino says. “I’m just trying anything I can to educate, to promote and to share women’s sports stories and (raise) the level of respect, and have that be equal to that of men’s sports.”

Reaction Score
I thoroughly enjoy Maria and what she brings to sports broadcasting. She's intelligent, knows her craft, asks good, solid questions, and has a very nice, photogenic on-camera presence. She does her homework and she presents it in a manner that showcases what is important instead of what is simply buzz. For SNY coverage, her interviews are a highlight of their presentation.

If anyone can help bring women's sports coverage to the forefront, she is one to watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom