SNY/YouTube TV: Saved By The Bell...Maybe | The Boneyard

SNY/YouTube TV: Saved By The Bell...Maybe

Reaction Score
This week on TechHive: Why the YouTube TV-NBC dispute is different
Jared Newman | October 1, 2021

When I wrote this week's TechHive column, YouTube TV’s NBC channels were in limbo. And technically, they still are.

On Sunday, Sept 30, both YouTube TV and NBCUniversal started warning users that their carriage agreement would expire on September 30. If the two companies didn't make a deal by then, YouTube TV would have dropped more than a dozen NBC-owned channels from its lineup—including local NBC stations
[and SNY]—while also dropping its price by $10 per month.

That didn't end up happening, as the two companies agreed to a short extension late Thursday night while they continue to negotiate. My guess is that they'll work things out without any blackouts.

[LINK TO FULL COLUMN]

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
My (pessimistic) guess is that the extension will expire after the Bucs/Patriots game. NBCUniversal can offer their Peacock+ services for less than the $10 YTTV discount, I believe.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My (pessimistic) guess is that the extension will expire after the Bucs/Patriots game. NBCUniversal can offer their Peacock+ services for less than the $10 YTTV discount, I believe.
I don't believe that Peacock offers SNY.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I don't believe that Peacock offers SNY.
You are probably right, it is very hard to find out exactly what the Peacock Premium and Peacock Premium Plus offer channel wise in addition to those offered on Peacock.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I am wrong, the Peacock Premium Plus is $9.99/month.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If YTTV doesn't end up reaching an agreement with NBC, I'll switch over to Hulu live. I been wanting to try it anyway.

Reaction Score
"YouTube TV and NBCUniversal are close to signing a long-term carriage agreement that would keep NBC’s channels on the live streaming service, according to WRAL-TV, a NBC affiliate in Raleigh, North Carolina.

“YouTube TV and NBC have reached an agreement and are finalizing details as of Friday night. The move will keep WRAL and other NBC stations on the YouTube TV lineup,” the WRAL notice states."

This is important news for me. I only have two teams (no others are worthy :rolleyes:), UConn WBB and NY Mets. SNY is my TV's home screen.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
From Google/YouTube TV:
We’re thrilled to share that we’ve reached a deal with NBCUniversal to continue carrying the full NBCUniversal portfolio of channels, including their Regional Sports Networks and your local NBC station. That means you won’t lose access to any of their channels, and YouTube TV will continue to offer 85+ networks for $64.99* per month.

Reaction Score
Count me in as being "thrilled" also with this new deal reached between YTTV and NBCU. Like @JavaMan, for me I only have one team I follow...the UConn Women on the SNY channel.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
But what about YouTube and Roku?
That issue seems to have disappeared.
Are you asking about (1) the recent issues with accessing YouTube TV via YouTube using your Roku or (2) no longer being able to add the YouTube TV app/channel to your Roku?
According to reports, the first issue has been fixed but the second issue has not been resolved. I can access YouTube TV using my Roku but that is only because I had the app/channel on my Roku before YouTube TV stopped supporting all Roku devices. As far as I can find, there is still a dispute between Roku and YouTube TV and it is no longer available in the Channel Store.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom