SNY saga continues | The Boneyard

SNY saga continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now I think I have hit rock bottom in terms of my impressions of SNY, their streaming service, and customer service. I had been contacting UCONN athletic personnel--because of repeated problems. I received a note from my UCONN contact with "good news"--SNY is going to refund your subscription because of all of the troubles you've had. Well, that was pretty nice news. Nothing I would have expected. Went on tonight to log on and watch the webstream: no longer an active subscriber. When I called SNY customer service, the agent tells me, "Of course your subscription was cancelled. We gave you a full refund." Ay yi yi. I thought it couldn't get any worse, but it just did! If it wasn't so completely frustrating, I would find this hysterically funny.

Reaction Score
Nothing about these people would really surprise me, but this one comes close. Interesting that you could find someone who does customer service at SNY. When I called their HQ in NYC, they told me, We don't really have anyone like that."

I have no idea why one of my computers handles the SNY signal adequately while the other does not at all, but I've just resolved to have as little as possible to do with those morons. I am hoping that someday I get one of those surveys asking about companies having lousycustomer service. Would love to weigh in on that.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm not sure I get what's funny. you cancelled and got a full refund. Why should you be able to access the stream?
I'm with you. not sure what the issue the OP is having. Maybe he feels he should get it for free for the season since he was so inconvenienced?

I love SNY. I live in San Diego and for a mere $10 per month thru ATTUverse, i am able to get the extra sports package which not only gives me access to every UCONN women's game, but every men's game as well, not to mention SJU games, Syracuse, and other BE teams as well. Pretty sweet deal.

Also, I love the commentators, the coverage, and everything they've produced for UCONN so far. Good stuff!! And my father no longer has to record every game and mail it out to me?

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Perhaps Soxx can clarify but nowhere in the post does it say there was a request for the subscription to be terminated. It may be that the decision to end the service was made unilaterally by SNY after the complaints were lodged with UConn. If I had been complaining about poor service with the intent to have the service improved and not ended, and was then told I would be getting a refund, absent also being told the service was being ended, I might have considered the refund a way of the company saying "Hey, we're sorry you've been having so much trouble."

Reaction Score
I'm with you. not sure what the issue the OP is having. Maybe he feels he should get it for free for the season since he was so inconvenienced?

I love SNY. I live in San Diego and for a mere $10 per month thru ATTUverse, i am able to get the extra sports package which not only gives me access to every UCONN women's game, but every men's game as well, not to mention SJU games, Syracuse, and other BE teams as well. Pretty sweet deal.

Also, I love the commentators, the coverage, and everything they've produced for UCONN so far. Good stuff!! And my father no longer has to record every game and mail it out to me?

Eric I agree with you. For $8 I get the sports package from Comcast and get all the SNY games. The BB coverage is much more professional than CPTV and no begging. The Geno show is more interesting and the overall coverage is far superior to last year.

For those of you doing streaming consider getting Direct TV or another satelitte during the basketball season. It is worth it not to have to worry about the streaming. Those of you having streaming problems try reducing the buffering rate. It helped last year on CPTV.

Reaction Score
Cabbie--yes. Thanks for your note. There was no request to cancel the subscription. And when UCONN wrote me, it was "good news"--you've had so much trouble, they're refunding you the full cost of your subscription. It was definitely communicated as compensatoin for the problems experienced. No cancellation involved. So yes, if I chose to cancel, there would be no complaint about a full refund.

It's interesting to me that every time one of our posters comments on problems with "streaming," multiple people who access SNY via cable post with the basic message, stop complaining. the channel is great. The people having trouble aren't posting about cable access. We're posting about web-streaming, which SNY does offer. This is a product they market. We ought to be able to expect some quality in the service and their customer service related to the product.

I happen to live in a small town where I don't have choice of the other cable services mentioned. I may be able to get Direct TV and may now look into that. But the cable service we all have access to locally doesn't offer any option for purchasing SNY.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Seems like a good time to be thankful for the SNY coverage. I am.

I just don't understand why Direct TV is not the clear option if viewing games is important and streaming is not useful.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Seems like a good time to be thankful for the SNY coverage. I am.

I just don't understand why Direct TV is not the clear option if viewing games is important and streaming is not useful.
Some folks do not have a clear path to access the satellite. Some have zoning or deed restrictions.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Some folks do not have a clear path to access the satellite. Some have zoning or deed restrictions.

Sure. But, is that the issue here? No access to Direct TV? I have not seen it if it is.

Reaction Score
If they couldn't fix the problem and couldn't make you happy, the proper thing to do is cut ties and give you a complete refund. They did. I don't see the problem. At least they didn't just ignore you, which is very common.

Reaction Score
I guess many of the cable subscribers like SNY better than CPTV. As a streamer, I think the performance is significantly worse. I'm keeping my subscription because it's better than nothing, but that's my assessment. Better than nothing.

Reaction Score
I don't have any problems with the streaming. Watching live or on demand it works far better than CPTV ever did for me

Reaction Score
Last nights streaming worked fine for me. I connected my computer to a 32" LCD TV for a much bigger picture than my 19" computer monitor.

My only complaint is the Watch button was up at 6:40pm so I clicked it. An SNY logo came up. The game never came on by itself. I had to close the window and click on Watch again at 7:02pm to watch the Newtown ceremony already in progress.

Reaction Score
I hadn't had issues before, but today is a different story. Couldn't watch last night as I had other commitments, but in trying to watch the archived game this morning it's done nothing but freeze and then restart at the beginning of the broadcast. I've managed to get partway into the second half, but after 2 hours of trying to watch in its entirety, I'm giving up.

I think I've heard Andrew Catalon say "There will be basketball in Hartford tonight..." at least two dozen times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom