SNY reaches deal with Fox Sports, will continue carrying UConn women’s basketball games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SNY reaches deal with Fox Sports, will continue carrying UConn women’s basketball games

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For precisely the optical reason you outline, time-passage favors SNY. My comment was a bit tongue in cheek. They actually do have other options through any number of online media platforms that at least offer some competitive counter pressure. You also have NESN (no Fairfield except through DirectTV). I have little faith in an organization that has consistently proven it has no clue how to manage its place in the media and CR landscape.

SNY is the logical fit. I do believe that Amazon is going to be more active in this area soon. Obviously streaming and not line broadcast. It would be really curious if we were at all talking with ESPN about football. If I'm UConn, SNY isn't really good enough, as the reach is limited without a streaming partner to go with it. I don't have it for example.

Reaction Score
No. That is why I replied. I was hoping that Fox(FS1, FS2) and others(ESPN, NESN) might pick up a few of the football games. I can see at the very most six on SNY, possibly one or two on NESN, maybe a couple on the B1G network, the Ole Miss game possibly on the SEC network. But there is room for FS1 or 2. The Army game for one. And I'm sure UConn will find it's way on one of the ESPN channels at least a couple times next season.

Reaction Score
Okay, and why would they sponsor it if they had no interest in college hockey?
Call their 800 number they might give you the answer. I'm just a management major that doesn't have the answer.

Reaction Score
With FOX Sports signing a 6 year deal for football and basketball with the MWC. It's seems like FS2 will finally get some more live programming. I would like to see some UConn games land on FS2.

Reaction Score
No. That is why I replied. I was hoping that Fox(FS1, FS2) and others(ESPN, NESN) might pick up a few of the football games. I can see at the very most six on SNY, possibly one or two on NESN, maybe a couple on the B1G network, the Ole Miss game possibly on the SEC network. But there is room for FS1 or 2. The Army game for one. And I'm sure UConn will find it's way on one of the ESPN channels at least a couple times next season.
All road games are owned by the media partner that owns the rights to that schools rights. So obviously those will be televised where they normally are for that school. The home games are anyone's guess at this point, but it's highly unlikely they end up on ESPN (unless it's ESPN+), or FS1 because of inventory issues.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
So as it stands today people living outside SNY area will not be able to see any Women's BB games ; is this correct? Most men's BB games will hopefully be on Fox but some could be on FS1 and FS2 but right now Sinclair is being a with YouTube TV. Men's FB, who knows?

Reaction Score
So as it stands today people living outside SNY area will not be able to see any Women's BB games ; is this correct? Most men's BB games will hopefully be on Fox but some could be on FS1 and FS2 but right now Sinclair is being a with YouTube TV. Men's FB, who knows?
FS1 and FS2 are not owned by Sinclair, they are still owned by Fox so the spat between YTTV and Sinclair doesn't matter for that.

Reaction Score
Sinclair has zero to do with FS1 or FS2.

Most men's basketball games will be on FS1. FOX does 19 Big East Games. While CBS/CBSSN does 22.

You will see the women on FS1 and FS2 as well.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Sinclair has zero to do with FS1 or FS2.

Most men's basketball games will be on FS1. FOX does 19 Big East Games. While CBS/CBSSN does 22.

You will see the women on FS1 and FS2 as well.
Thanks for the clarification

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom