SNY on the Internet | The Boneyard

SNY on the Internet

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Anyone living out of SNY area, get the games on internet, live streaming? I am in Florida, and would like to pick up the season on SNY, internet. Any info appreciated.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
My parents are in Winter Park Florida and they get SNY via AT&T Uverse. Not sure if that’s an option where you are in Florida.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
SNY doesn't own the rights to Uconn games, ESPN does. They allow SNY to broadcast the games in return for SNY giving them the broadcast stream to put on their ESPN3 streaming platform so if you want to watch in real time on the internet you need to get access to the ESPN streaming service not an SNY internet stream.

Reaction Score
I dumped cable now that SNY is available on at least 3 streaming services. I NEED SNY as a UConn fan and Mets fan. I pay $40 per month for YouTube TV. I get all of my local channels live and a lot of others sports and educational channels. The one I don't get that I wish I did is ESPN3. Oh well.

There are at least two other streaming services that offer SNY, but I can't recall which ones. If I find one that also offers ESPN3, I'll make the switch... there are no contracts. I am EXTREMELY pleased that I finally got to cut the cord.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I dumped cable now that SNY is available on at least 3 streaming services. I NEED SNY as a UConn fan and Mets fan. I pay $40 per month for YouTube TV. I get all of my local channels live and a lot of others sports and educational channels. The one I don't get that I wish I did is ESPN3. Oh well.

There are at least two other streaming services that offer SNY, but I can't recall which ones. If I find one that also offers ESPN3, I'll make the switch... there are no contracts. I am EXTREMELY pleased that I finally got to cut the cord.

Hope this helps.
I'm genuinely curious. Now as I understand SNY is on basic cable. How much would you be paying for basic cable? I suppose that would be more than $40, correct? Watching the quality of Youtube TV I find it seriously compromised. Do you find it satisfactory?

Reaction Score

Hope this helps.

I also have YouTube TV, running on my ROKU and big 65" TV. If you download the ESPN app (Roku or other devices), sign in with your YouTube TV credentials...you're good to go.

I also want to concur on extremely pleased with YouTube TV, I find the quality of stream to be HD quality. One reason I chose YouTube TV, besides all espn, SEC, FS1 and 2, CBSsports and NBCsports (and others)...but channels I mentioned will carry all the UConn games..especially CBSsports and NBCsports.

All I ever wanted was to cut the cord from Comcast and their rates/fees. I signed up month before they raised their rate to $40 +tax (I pay $35 +tax). Internet only is $89.95 (high but need internet 150Mmps)...with both $125. My Comcast bill was getting in the $190 before I decided to cut the cord.

[EDIT]: I also was trying out DirectTv NOW, but I found one critical thing about DirectTV NOW...the buffering was an issue. I did not want to see spinning rectangular on my screen watching tv...YouTUbe TV I do not see any buffering.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am a little confused here. I have both Roku and Amazon Fire TV devices. I receive ESPN 3 on both as part of their services. Last season, I watched the bulk of UConn games on ESPN 3 unless they were on one of the cable ESPN stations provided with my local cable service.

Reaction Score
I'm genuinely curious. Now as I understand SNY is on basic cable. How much would you be paying for basic cable? I suppose that would be more than $40, correct? Watching the quality of Youtube TV I find it seriously compromised. Do you find it satisfactory?
Jordy, my BASIC cable plus internet bill was 190. Now I pay 60 plus 40. I don't have a mathematics degree, but I think the latter is substantially less. :rolleyes:

As for quality, I have a 4K TV and Roku Premier+ (neither of which is the best available) and the picture quality is as good as it gets according to these prehistoric eyes. So, I'd say check your peripherals (including modem, router and cables), also your signal feed and speed. You certainly can't be using an ISP provided router and expect the best. I have a router that is far from the best available... but is just as far from the worst (cheapest) available as well. And one other thing, with the Roku model that I have, I can either send the feed via wifi or a lan cable...I use the hard-wire option, as there are usually 493± :rolleyes: connected devices on my cave's wifi at any given time.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Jordy, my BASIC cable plus internet bill was 190. Now I pay 60 plus 40. I don't have a mathematics degree, but I think the latter is substantially less. :rolleyes:

As for quality, I have a 4K TV and Roku Premier+ (neither of which is the best available) and the picture quality is as good as it gets according to these prehistoric eyes. So, I'd say check your peripherals (including modem, router and cables), also your signal feed and speed. You certainly can't be using an ISP provided router and expect the best. I have a router that is far from the best available... but is just as far from the worst (cheapest) available as well. And one other thing, with the Roku model that I have, I can either send the feed via wifi or a lan cable...I use the hard-wire option, as there are usually 493± :rolleyes: connected devices on my cave's wifi at any given time.
Thanks J-man. Love the Tommy Bahama shirt too.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Thanks to everyone for your ideas, and suggestions.

Reaction Score
Thanks to everyone for your ideas, and suggestions.

I would like to add, since you live in Florida. To clarify, SNY is included as a regional sports channel on YouTube TV for us CT residents. Not sure it will be available to you down Florida. You may get another "regional" sports channel there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom