SNY on The Frosh | The Boneyard

SNY on The Frosh

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"You just take it day by day," Coombs said. "Some days are long. But I'll have someone like Gabby Williams tell me to keep pushing through and Phee is my roommate and she is constantly encouraging me and talking to me about improving.

"They are so competitive. Like when we're playing pickup and one group continues to win, the others are like, 'We got to stop them.' You can go play pickup and think that we just need to be here for an hour and 30. But those guys are constantly competing every day and I love it."

https://www.sny.tv/UConn/news/huskies-four-freshmen-feeling-fantastic/239458112

"I miss having my mom's cooking every night," Coombs said with a smile. "When she'd cook, I was more of a watcher and didn't learn. That will change the month that I'm home. Delivery is getting a little old."

PS. I'm not in love with that whole Fantastic Four thing. Those things are earned, bestowed, not self-invented. But I'm always asked to play the Grinch in the holiday play.

Reaction Score
"You just take it day by day," Coombs said. "Some days are long. But I'll have someone like Gabby Williams tell me to keep pushing through and Phee is my roommate and she is constantly encouraging me and talking to me about improving.

"They are so competitive. Like when we're playing pickup and one group continues to win, the others are like, 'We got to stop them.' You can go play pickup and think that we just need to be here for an hour and 30. But those guys are constantly competing every day and I love it."

"I miss having my mom's cooking every night," Coombs said with a smile. "When she'd cook, I was more of a watcher and didn't learn. That will change the month that I'm home. Delivery is getting a little old."

PS. I'm not in love with that whole Fantastic Four thing. Those things are earned, bestowed, not self-invented. But I'm always asked to play the Grinch in the holiday play.
I will BET THE FARM that they will EARN the MONIKER....

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
When my son and more recently, his oldest daughter went away to college, I told both them before they left that not all of the lessons they will learn in college will be in the classroom. Case in point:

"I miss having my mom's cooking every night," Coombs said with a smile. "When she'd cook, I was more of a watcher and didn't learn. That will change the month that I'm home. Delivery is getting a little old". Not to mention expen$ive.

Coombs is already beginning to learn and exhibit/acknowledge a little personal growth, and she's only been on campus a month. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

It would appear Geno or CD shook things up this year --KLS was Precious's roomy---but it is great a Frosh gets roomy with an upper class--great learning.
On the --Those guys are constantly competing--DAAA--Hey, Dorothy you are in UConn, not Kansas
I miss having my mom's cooking every night," Coombs said with a smile. "When she'd cook, I was more of a watcher and didn't learn. That will change the month that I'm home. Delivery is getting a little old."
There must be 1000 Grannies --as Sveta had Svetlana Grandmom's--who would invite her or bring her EXACTLY as Mom made meals --even if her mom had to send them how to make them.

You know all 4 don't buy into the Fab 4 thing---but it's a nice bonding tool and a bit of US against the world. It gets them over the scary being away from home--in boot came we were the 250 frightened to death group--we were bonded --some for life.

Seems I'm always writing ---Thanks for this Rocky--I needed the injection--just smoking didn't do it.

Reaction Score
I will BET THE FARM that they will EARN the MONIKER....
I'll take a hundred of that bet---if you mean ALL these 4. If history (most of it , but not all) is a forecaster of the future---you could lose that bet. The first FAB 5--minus one, lived up to all expectations then some and DT added 1 to make Fab 6 minus 1---the one had physical issues --but no less (and treated as a full)member of that team.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It would appear Geno or CD shook things up this year --KLS was Precious's roomy---but it is great a Frosh gets roomy with an upper class--great learning.
On the --Those guys are constantly competing--DAAA--Hey, Dorothy you are in UConn, not Kansas
I miss having my mom's cooking every night," Coombs said with a smile. "When she'd cook, I was more of a watcher and didn't learn. That will change the month that I'm home. Delivery is getting a little old."
There must be 1000 Grannies --as Sveta had Svetlana Grandmom's--who would invite her or bring her EXACTLY as Mom made meals --even if her mom had to send them how to make them.

You know all 4 don't buy into the Fab 4 thing---but it's a nice bonding tool and a bit of US against the world. It gets them over the scary being away from home--in boot came we were the 250 frightened to death group--we were bonded --some for life.

Seems I'm always writing ---Thanks for this Rocky--I needed the injection--just smoking didn't do it.

Oh, I think the smoking is definitely working! :rolleyes:

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score

I am guessing that roommate situation is only for the summer. Don't freshmen live in the regular dorms during the school year?

Reaction Score
I'll double down and bet that Geno will use the "moniker" against them at the very first opportunity.
+ infinity (and beyond). I wonder what "f" word Geno will sarcastically use instead of fabulous (and no, I don't mean the famous "f" word): fragile four? failing four?; flailing four? funny four? forgetaboutit four?

Reaction Score
+ infinity (and beyond). I wonder what "f" word Geno will sarcastically use instead of fabulous (and no, I don't mean the famous "f" word): fragile four? failing four?; flailing four? funny four? forgetaboutit four?
Having over heard Geno in Action---The infamous F word would definitely be used and of course--the Funny four --I think you nailed most of them --in one he would preface it with NOT---Fundamentally sound Four.

Reaction Score
I am guessing that roommate situation is only for the summer. Don't freshmen live in the regular dorms during the school year?
You are correct--I got caught up in the moment---thinking of Precious--

Reaction Score
I'll double down and bet that Geno will use the "moniker" against them at the very first opportunity.
Of that I have no doubt. Geno uses anything given to him ---and this was a great gift---
Fab 4 huh? You couldn't defend a turkey on Thanksgiving. You call that basketball--what happened to feeding the woman that is open?? Huh???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom