SNY - not offered on Dish or ATT Uverse... | The Boneyard

SNY - not offered on Dish or ATT Uverse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So i currently have ATT Uverse and they suddenly lost their contract with SNY. So I decided to check out Dish, which just came out with a new DVR, and come to find out they don't have SNY either. What gives? Seems like a bum deal if UCONN goes to SNY, but now you can't get it unless you have local cable.

It also appears SNY is offered by DirecTV. i'm going to call them and find out but i was curious what experiences anyone else has had (esp for fans not in the CT area)...

Reaction Score
I have U-Verse and am watching Pittsburgh vs Syracuse right now (2:20). Live in Yalesville, CT.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
eric, there was a post last week about needing to have the UVerse HD package to get the SNY channel. You might want to check that out for your area.

Reaction Score
Hey Eric not sure if you saw the previous posts on this. If you have access to the Uverse HD package SNY is on that. For whatever reason they removed it from the sports package and now carry it on the HD package. It costs an extra $7-8 a month to change over but all has been working well with it. (btw I live in SC)

Reaction Score
When complaining to a U Verse rep. a few weeks ago I suggested removing the HD to save some money. Rep said it didn't matter as HD was just part of the plan which at that time was, I believe called 200. Perhaps that is why I still have SNY.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
SNY is on the sports package on DTV.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The funny thing is on Uverse it's channel 1704 for HD. I called Uverse and was on the phone for 10 minutes while they researched it and said they do not offer SNY at all. I just don't get it how someone in South Carolina (and IIRC another poster was from Florida and got it as well), while I cannot get it here in CA. Grrr. The thing that bugs is that i was getting it on the Non-HD channel 704 up until a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Love Uverse service but always have nothing but trouble with their reps. The person I spoke to at ATT had no clue what was going on when I called a few weeks ago and also could not find SNY (I think calling it SNNY and/or Sports New York finally worked). I had to explain to her what happened and specifically tell her to remove the sports package and give us HD package. 10 minutes later snyhd on 1704 was working.
Might be worth it to just go ahead and sign up for HD to see if you really do get it and if it doesn't work then go ahead and cancel it.

Reaction Score
I get SNY on Cox cable in El Cajon. I'm surprised that you don't use Cox in San Diego.

Reaction Score
The funny thing is on Uverse it's channel 1704 for HD. I called Uverse and was on the phone for 10 minutes while they researched it and said they do not offer SNY at all. I just don't get it how someone in South Carolina (and IIRC another poster was from Florida and got it as well), while I cannot get it here in CA. Grrr. The thing that bugs is that i was getting it on the Non-HD channel 704 up until a few weeks ago.
Eric, I had the same problem here in Dallas with Uverse but after I got the HD tier (additional $7 per month) I get SNY on channel 1704

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom