SNY News: LIVE Streaming Now Available For Cord-Cutters | The Boneyard

SNY News: LIVE Streaming Now Available For Cord-Cutters

Reaction Score
3 Live Streaming Services Add SNY
The channel is the TV home of the Mets (and UConn WBB)

Posted on March 29, 2018 by TV Answer Man

Three live streaming services — Hulu, YouTube TV, and fuboTV — this week have added the SNY (SportsNet New York) regional sports channel, just in time for Opening Day baseball.

SNY is the TV home of the New York Mets, (and UConn) which begin their season today with a 1:10 p.m. ET game at Citi Field against the St. Louis Cardinals. St. Louis’ Carlos Martinez is expected to face the Mets’ Noah ‘Thor’ Syndergaard.

Hulu, YouTube TV and fuboTV all offer packages of live channels online starting at $39.99, $40 and $44.99 respectively.

Like with cable and satellite services, the live streamers can only show SNY’s Mets games in the team’s local market. Subscribers outside the tri-state New York area will not be able to watch the games.

There have been reports that DIRECTV Now, another live streamer, has also added SNY.

My daughter and newborn baby #2 were over at our cave earlier in the week for a couple of days. She wanted some R&R and to escape hubby and toddler #1. Anyway, she asked me to switch the TV over to Roku, which I did, then she pulled out her phone and casted (?) her YouTube TV account to our TV.

Long story short, she's now back at her cave and I'm flipping through my Roku channels tonight and I see YouTube TV. Intrigued, I delve in. It looks interesting. OMG, it's now streaming live on my TV. Daughter is long gone but my remote is now able to access all of their channels. I go through all of the channels and down at the bottom and to my surprise I find SNY.

Now, you may wonder why I'm surprised. Well, for the past 6 months, on a REGULAR basis, I have been arduously searching Google for every possible combination of "SNY" combined with "streaming" hoping to find something good. NO LUCK. Now I see it right in front of me. I flip to it and it works. So I do my Google search again, and abra-cadabra, I find the article that I posted above.

I already have an new HD antenna installed and wired in the attic and connected to the TV. I works fine for the local channels. I have been ready to dump cable now for a few months but haven't been able to pull the trigger because my only two remaining sports teams are UConn WBB and the Mets, both shown exclusively on SNY. And, if I dump cable, I'm also dumping SNY. Ouch!

I'll happily pay the $40/mo for streaming while still saving $100/mo by dumping cable. I could just continue to use my daughters account, but it actually looks so cool, with neat features, that I want my own account.

I'm a happy caveman. I watched the Mets opening day victory on SNY/cable this afternoon, and the nightly replay on SNY/YouTube TV tonight.

Good luck to all cord cutters!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have Sling TV, for $25/month. I only watch Sling TV's UConn games (shown in ESPN3)
Does anyone know those UConn game on ESPN3 were from SNY?
Does this mean from right now YouTube TV will show all the SNY UConn women games?

Reaction Score
I have Sling TV, for $25/month. I only watch Sling TV's UConn games (shown in ESPN3)
Does anyone know those UConn game on ESPN3 were from SNY?
Does this mean from right now YouTube TV will show all the SNY UConn women games?

Does anyone know those UConn game on ESPN3 were from SNY? YES
Does this mean from right now YouTube TV will show all the SNY UConn women games? YES and NO

From the article above: Like with cable and satellite services, the live streamers can only show SNY’s Mets games (and I assume this means UConn games as well) in the team’s local market. Subscribers outside the tri-state New York area will not be able to watch the games. :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom