SNY Network on Direct TV | The Boneyard

SNY Network on Direct TV

Reaction Score
I read Direct TV and Fox is in negotiations with their Fox Sports channels FS1 & FS2 along with Fox owned local channels (lose NFL and World Cup games) being pulled off Direct TV on December 2, this Friday. I believe SNY Network is owned by Fox. Will us that watch SNY for UCONN women basketball games lose that channel, too on December 2 if negotiations fail? Appreciate you smart UCONN Boneyard fans answering my question.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I have DirecTV. I just checked a moment ago. I do get Fox network programing (channel 11 here in Los Angeles). That channel was blacked out for several days during negotiations between Fox and DirecTV.

Since programming has resumed, that would suggest that a deal was reached, and we are good to go for watching the UConn/Providence game Friday through the Fox Sports app. I checked the upcoming schedule for Friday. The game is listed to be broadcast. Enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have DirecTV. I just checked a moment ago. I do get Fox network programing (channel 11 here in Los Angeles). That channel was blacked out for several days during negotiations between Fox and DirecTV.

Since programming has resumed, that would suggest that a deal was reached, and we are good to go for watching the UConn/Providence game Friday through the Fox Sports app. I checked the upcoming schedule for Friday. The game is listed to be broadcast. Enjoy the game.
nope no deal is done, guess I'll be watching Us soccer on Saturday on Telemundo. Dec 2 it will cut away so Idk if I even get to watch Utah Usc

Reaction Score
Below is the message that is posted on Directv's website. What I'm unsure about is if SNY is considered a local broadcast station. If it is then damn, if it isn't then there's hope since it's not one of the listed "national sports channels" that are in negotiations over.

We’re working with Fox to renew several of its local broadcast stations, as well as national sports channels FS1, FS2, Big Ten Network, Fox Deportes, and Fox Soccer Plus at the best value while minimizing any interruption, no matter how brief. We have an excellent track record with Fox and have successfully renewed nearly 200 local FOX stations much like the ones involved here within the past few years.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'm not positive but I think that SNY is part of Fox's Regional Sports Network (RSN) and has it's own contract with DirecTV.

Reaction Score
I'm not positive but I think that SNY is part of Fox's Regional Sports Network (RSN) and has it's own contract with DirecTV.

SNY and FOX have nothing to do with each other. People who watch a lot of different sports channels might notice which major media company is involved in SNY as their scorebug is the same as what you see on the various NBC sports broadcasts.

Below is the message that is posted on Directv's website. What I'm unsure about is if SNY is considered a local broadcast station. If it is then damn, if it isn't then there's hope since it's not one of the listed "national sports channels" that are in negotiations over.

We’re working with Fox to renew several of its local broadcast stations, as well as national sports channels FS1, FS2, Big Ten Network, Fox Deportes, and Fox Soccer Plus at the best value while minimizing any interruption, no matter how brief. We have an excellent track record with Fox and have successfully renewed nearly 200 local FOX stations much like the ones involved here within the past few years.

These are the national channels affected. There does not seem to be a definitive list of local stations affected (FOX's own websites have different numbers in different places). I can't believe that I am linking Wikipedia as a starting point, but here goes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Keep hope alive. If those of us outside SNY’s broadcast area can’t access the game thru the Fox Sports app, then we’ll have to listen to Bob Joyce call the game on the Varsity Radio app.

His pregame show begins 30 minutes before the tipoff. The TV replay for every game thus far this season has been posted in the boneyard within 3 hours after the final horn. So we should see the game one way or another.

FS1 does not broadcast the SNY pre or postgame shows. I listen to Bob Joyce’s pre and postgame shows. He always has a brief postgame interview with UConn associate head coach Chris Dailey. I’d much rather hear her take on the game than Kara Wolters’ anyway.

Reaction Score
I'm trying out YouTubeTV this week and hope the SNY games show up on that through FS1, which is definitely included.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I'm trying out YouTubeTV this week and hope the SNY games show up on that through FS1, which is definitely included.
What does this mean? Are you in the SNY viewing area? If so, you don't need Fox local and FS1 to watch SNY. (I am assuming that YT TV offers SNY in their local tv package.)
You need the Fox local and FS1 if you are out of market and need to stream via the Fox Sports app.

Reaction Score
What does this mean? Are you in the SNY viewing area? If so, you don't need Fox local and FS1 to watch SNY. (I am assuming that YT TV offers SNY in their local tv package.)
You need the Fox local and FS1 if you are out of market and need to stream via the Fox Sports app.
I’m in New Mexico

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I’m in New Mexico
Then you will be able to watch the SNY games using the Fox Sports app via a Roku, Firestick, Smart TV or other streaming device. My tv provider was YouTube TV until they took ESPN away for a couple days while they negotiated a new deal (during the college basketball season). We immediately added Live to our Hulu account and even though YouTube TV returned the ESPN channels, we stayed with Hulu Live.
While we had YouTube TV, I never missed a UConn WBB game broadcasted on SNY while using the Fox Sports app.

Reaction Score
While we had YouTube TV, I never missed a UConn WBB game broadcasted on SNY while using the Fox Sports app.
I'm not sure I follow. Is the Fox Sports app something within YouTubeTv? I can see FS1 is one of the stations in my YouTubeTv app. Is this what you mean?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I follow. Is the Fox Sports app something within YouTubeTv? I can see FS1 is one of the stations in my YouTubeTv app. Is this what you mean?
No, it is not a "channel/station" on YouTubeTV.
The Fox Sports app is a free stand-alone product that you have to add to your streaming device. Once installed, you use your YouTubeTV credentials to login to the app. That is usually a one time thing (or at least it has been for me).
I have downloaded the Fox Sports app to a Roku, a Firestick and Xbox S and never had any problems using either of them. I wasn't able to download it to my 2015 Samsung Smart TV.

My question to you is "how do you access your YouTubeTV programming?"

Reaction Score
My question to you is "how do you access your YouTubeTV programming?"

I subscribe to YouTubeTv directly and access it through my smartTV. It's one of the apps available on the TV itself. There is also a Fox Sports app independent of it. I haven't subscribed to the FoxSports app yet, but it's easy enough to open it and view their schedule.

If I can use the login credentials from my YouTubeTV subscription, does that mean FoxSports is owned by Google? That sounds weird. It's also the case that within the YouTubeTV app, FS1 and FS2 are available channels.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I subscribe to YouTubeTv directly and access it through my smartTV. It's one of the apps available on the TV itself. There is also a Fox Sports app independent of it. I haven't subscribed to the FoxSports app yet, but it's easy enough to open it and view their schedule.

If I can use the login credentials from my YouTubeTV subscription, does that mean FoxSports is owned by Google? That sounds weird. It's also the case that within the YouTubeTV app, FS1 and FS2 are available channels.
No, the Fox Sports app is owned by Fox. If it is already on your tv, that's great.
When you open the app, in the upper right hand corner, if you are logged in already, it should have Fox Sports and then YouTube TV (mine has hulu).
If it doesn't have YouTubeTV, under the SETTINGS menu item (at the top of the screen), select My Account and it will give you the option to create an account that you can login with. Again, it needs to be your YouTubeTV credentials.

I can't add a screen shot because the file is too large...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No, the Fox Sports app is owned by Fox. If it is already on your tv, that's great.
When you open the app, in the upper right hand corner, if you are logged in already, it should have Fox Sports and then YouTube TV (mine has hulu).
If it doesn't have YouTubeTV, under the SETTINGS menu item (at the top of the screen), select My Account and it will give you the option to create an account that you can login with. Again, it needs to be your YouTubeTV credentials.
I'll give it a try. Thanks. Though I must admit to being puzzled how the login credential for a Google product would be relevant to a Fox product. Live and learn, I suppose.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I'll give it a try. Thanks. Though I must admit to being puzzled how the login credential for a Google product would be relevant to a Fox product. Live and learn, I suppose.
It is to verify to Fox Sports that YouTubeTV is actually your tv provider.

Reaction Score

I can't add a screen shot because the file is too large...
Done and done, and it worked just as you said. Thanks for the help!

Centerstream

Reaction Score
You are welcome. One more thing...on game days (Friday for example), the game usually doesn't appear on the Fox Sports app's schedule until it is close to the start of the broadcast. I have seen it appear anytime from an hour before the start time up to 5 minutes before the scheduled start time. But, I have yet to miss a tipoff (knocking on wood).

Reaction Score
Bone Dog
Where are you located in New Mexico?
I am located in ABQ.
We are probably the only UConn fans in this state.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Ciao

Reaction Score
Bone Dog
Where are you located in New Mexico?
I am located in ABQ.
We are probably the only UConn fans in this state.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Ciao
I’m up in Santa Fe.

Reaction Score
I’m up in Santa Fe.
My cell number - 404 556 1469
Text me ; we can communicate about Husky’s.
I don’t spend a lot of time on Dog Pound but post caught my interest in possibly finding a way to view women’s games that are on SNY, not available here.
Ciao

Reaction Score
My DirecTV schedule shows that the game will be televised here in Iowa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom