SNY male commentator last night ! ! | The Boneyard

SNY male commentator last night ! !

Reaction Score
I didn't catch his name.

He called the game. Just the facts. Who got the rebound, the assist; how many fouls when that was exactly what crossed my mind. And so much more.

And then--as when he mentioned in the fourth quarter Anna and a player from Wichita State were on the floor together and playing against each other and their assistant coach was Polish as well and tried to recruit Anna--just the right seasoning of "trivia" that wasn't really trivia because it was fascinating and relevant.

Who was he? Man deserves props.

Reaction Score
Allen Bestwick. Fans of auto racing are familiar with him. He called NASCAR races for a number of years, then Indycar races.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
OLD DUDE: will go ya one better. The ESPN bunch don't need no tall grass to miss the game. They can lose the game just after the lawn has been mowed!
:p

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I didn't catch his name.

He called the game. Just the facts. Who got the rebound, the assist; how many fouls when that was exactly what crossed my mind. And so much more.

And then--as when he mentioned in the fourth quarter Anna and a player from Wichita State were on the floor together and playing against each other and their assistant coach was Polish as well and tried to recruit Anna--just the right seasoning of "trivia" that wasn't really trivia because it was fascinating and relevant.

Who was he? Man deserves props.
Yes, I caught that bit about Anna as well and thought, "Good job" by him and even analysis of the game even when the Husky's were up by 23, back down to 12 and back up to 28.
On a side note, I ponied up for Sling Orange sports and have the ACC, SEC, PAC12 networks and had to listen to an awful Tenn/Mizzou game followed up by Eric Frede doing the Texas A&M and Arkansas game and while he was great doing that play by play, his partner...not so much.
Not only are us UConn fans spoiled by our teams play but also by our announcers! ;)

Reaction Score
According to Wikipedia, Bestwick "has been with the ESPN family of networks since 2007."

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Most ESPN announcers respect for the game is minimized by their love of their own voice. The best announcers seem to me to be the Ladies who played the game.

They care about the game itself, but also understand that they have a platform to present the quality of play in WBB within the pantheon of sports that, undeservedly, get much more recognition. They for the TV viewer are the point of connection between WBB and the viewer and as such have the opportunity to point out the skills and intricacies of WBB that are not present on the men's side. The game will grow as viewers learn to appreciate the teams play they see on the court as much as the individualistic high flying athleticism of the men's side

Reaction Score
ESPN is constantly promoting their other content.. I do not want to here discussions about Mens's top 20 for 25% of the women's game. Or even worse other content. Stick to the game and please and increase talking about the amount of points each player has in the game. They did a nice job of that last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom