sny for dummies | The Boneyard

sny for dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Technical question from a technically ignorant questioner; why is it that some are able to get the streaming with no problem, while others have all sorts of problems. One poster said that he was getting only 2/3 of the picture, many others, including me and Mrs. Z have choppiness problems ranging from occasional freeze-frames to last night's "strobe" effect; a still pic every ten seconds or so and no sound at all? And, much more importantly, can anything be done about this? I tried clearing the cache, rebooting, closing all other programs, changing the quality to the lowest level; nothing helped. (Incidentally, this morning I am able to watch last night's game with only the problem that occasionally it stops, gives me the rotating circles, and then goes back to the start.)

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
elzo, last night I had a very poor video. It would run in slow more to 10-15 then all of a sudden jump ahead to catch up.

Reaction Score
Technical question from a technically ignorant questioner; why is it that some are able to get the streaming with no problem, while others have all sorts of problems. One poster said that he was getting only 2/3 of the picture, many others, including me and Mrs. Z have choppiness problems ranging from occasional freeze-frames to last night's "strobe" effect; a still pic every ten seconds or so and no sound at all? And, much more importantly, can anything be done about this? I tried clearing the cache, rebooting, closing all other programs, changing the quality to the lowest level; nothing helped. (Incidentally, this morning I am able to watch last night's game with only the problem that occasionally it stops, gives me the rotating circles, and then goes back to the start.)

What browser are you using? You may want to try firefox or google crome if you are using IE

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Actually, I tried both Firefox and Chrome with equally dismal results.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Have you got a Mac or a PC? My MacBook Air is working like a charm with SNY. My logging in problem was my fault...I mistyped my email, which is also why I never got my receipt.

CPTV Harriet

Media Queen
Reaction Score
As one who has worked with streaming, I can tell you that it is undoubtedly your download speed. You are experiencing buffering. most common with DSL but it can also happen with a cable internet connection. If using DSL, you must ask your provider for the fastest speed they offer. Usually at additional cost. The time of day and the amount of traffic can also slow down the speed. Your computer's connection cannot keep up with the amount of information packets being sent. If you are using an older computer, that can also contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom