SNY/Comcast HD Question | The Boneyard

SNY/Comcast HD Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I had to go out before the half today. I went to set my Tivo to Comcast channel 1660 (Comcast HD in the Middletown area)-- for the pre-game, the game, and then the post-game. Then, to check before I left, I went to channel 1660 but it said "Ccannel Unavailable." OK, fine. I then set the Tivo to Chanel 59 (not high def) and left.

When I got home, I was able to see the second half and the post-game live on channel 59. Then I went to watch the pre-game show on the Tivo. Here's the weird part: BOTH shows were saved; both the HD version (channel 1660) as well as the non hi-def show (channel 59). In fact, I watched the HD pre-show.

But when I used the remote to find channel 1660, it still said "Channel unavailable."

Anyone know WTH I'm talking about? How could the game be saved when I couldn't SEE the game on HD? I'm sure I can call Comcast, but if I'm not supposed to get the channel, I'd rather not alert them . .

Anyone?

Bueller?
Bueller?

Reaction Score
I have Comcast and Tivo. In Madison (part of Comcast Branford area) SNY HD is on channel 1666. To record or save on Tivo I need to set up the recording, i.e. specify the channel and time. If you cannot see channel 1660 displayed in your recording set up then Tivo will not record it. I actually have 2 Tivos. My Premiere is on the early release program for firmware so I got to test the latest firmware and the recording set up was changed from the previous firmware.

If you can record and see the SNY HD then I would not worry about it. If you see Channel not available and still see the program then possibly the cable card in your Tivo needs to be provisioned properly.

Reaction Score
If you can't see the show on the tv... can't you just go to the tivo recording list and if it's recording .... pick it, and start watching it from there, say a minute after it starts recording?

Reaction Score
If you can't see the show on the tv... can't you just go to the tivo recording list and if it's recording .... pick it, and start watching it from there, say a minute after it starts recording?

Seems like the perfect solution! I will try it (but sad to have to wait a week). Thanks.

Reaction Score
I have Comcast and Tivo. In Madison (part of Comcast Branford area) SNY HD is on channel 1666. To record or save on Tivo I need to set up the recording, i.e. specify the channel and time. If you cannot see channel 1660 displayed in your recording set up then Tivo will not record it. I actually have 2 Tivos. My Premiere is on the early release program for firmware so I got to test the latest firmware and the recording set up was changed from the previous firmware.

If you can record and see the SNY HD then I would not worry about it. If you see Channel not available and still see the program then possibly the cable card in your Tivo needs to be provisioned properly.

Oh.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Ooops. :oops:

I read this response and went back to the TV. Middletown's SNY HD on Comcast is also 1666. Oh, yes; it comes in quite nicely, thank you. Channel 1660, of course, does not-- but that's OK, as I do not want 1660, do I?

I programmed the Tivo correctly (by searching), but didn't make the connection.

Thanks for the help. It DID help me figure out I was an idiot.

Reaction Score
Oh.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Ooops. :oops:

I read this response and went back to the TV. Middletown's SNY HD on Comcast is also 1666. Oh, yes; it comes in quite nicely, thank you. Channel 1660, of course, does not-- but that's OK, as I do not want 1660, do I?

I programmed the Tivo correctly (by searching), but didn't make the connection.

Thanks for the help. It DID help me figure out I was an idiot.

LOL!!! I don't know what is on channel 1660 either !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom