SNY Announces UConn Women's Basketball Coverage | The Boneyard

SNY Announces UConn Women's Basketball Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
There are some errors in this schedule. According to uconnhuskies.com, there is no game on 11/30. The only Chattanooga game is on 11/29 and is on SNY. Also, the DePaul game on 12/1 is not shown in this schedule but is on the uconnhuskies.com version, and is supposed to be broadcast by SNY.

Isn't it amazing that there is NO national television for the UConn-Baylor game? It is only available on SNY. And yet the UConn-LSU game (and a later UConn-Tulane game) are on ESPN. So ESPN is missing a game between the #2 and #3 teams in the preseason ranking. What gives here?

Reaction Score
There are some errors in this schedule. According to uconnhuskies.com, there is no game on 11/30. The only Chattanooga game is on 11/29 and is on SNY. Also, the DePaul game on 12/1 is not shown in this schedule but is on the uconnhuskies.com version, and is supposed to be broadcast by SNY.

Isn't it amazing that there is NO national television for the UConn-Baylor game? It is only available on SNY. And yet the UConn-LSU game (and a later UConn-Tulane game) are on ESPN. So ESPN is missing a game between the #2 and #3 teams in the preseason ranking. What gives here?
Could be a football game. Even if said football game was Fleener St vs. South Central Western Louisiana St, WCBB is getting bumped.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Javaman, You have been posting articles, announcements, and breaking news items at a record pace the last few days. Please allow me to thank you for your efforts lately. I know these items do not just fall in your lap. You have to search them out, read them, and verify their authenticity. Believe me, we really appreciate all of the time and effort you donate to the yard. Your posts are timely and accurate (content wise). You help keep us up to date and informed on everything connected with WCBB. Because of you and several other posters, the rest of us don't have to peruse the entire world wide web for breaking news in WCBB. Please be aware that your actions/efforts are not going unnoticed, or unappreciated.

Thanks Java, you da man!!! Two thumbs up and a high five to ya. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score

Poor program planning. Whoever the current program director is at ESPN, is either not a fan of WCBB, or does not realize the significance of that match-up,
and the potential additional number of viewers that game would attract. The more viewers you have for a given game or program, the more $$$ you can command for commercials. That's been the rule of thumb since the dawn of commercial TV.

Reaction Score
Javaman, You have been posting articles, announcements, and breaking news items at a record pace the last few days. Please allow me to thank you for your efforts lately. I know these items do not just fall in your lap. You have to search them out, read them, and verify their authenticity. Believe me, we really appreciate all of the time and effort you donate to the yard. Your posts are timely and accurate (content wise). You help keep us up to date and informed on everything connected with WCBB. Because of you and several other posters, the rest of us don't have to peruse the entire world wide web for breaking news in WCBB. Please be aware that your actions/efforts are not going unnoticed, or unappreciated.

Thanks Java, you da man!!! Two thumbs up and a high five to ya. :)

Well, thanks!

However ...hopefully I won't have to maintain this reporting pace for too much longer. The truth of the matter is I'm stuck at home, and have been for close to two weeks, while I recover from pneumonia. It's a bummer. I'm forced to exist at a much slower and weakened pace than is my norm. Slowly improving though.

But still, I must do something. So UConn WBB gets a lot of my time. It's a low stress endeavor. (good thing we didn't lose to IUP though, that would have been an really unhealthy strain)

Again, though, thanks much for the flowers. I'm pleased that others find the info informative/enjoyable. I would, if roles were reversed. So that's a motivating factor.

Cheers!

Carnac

Reaction Score
I guess Justine Ward will be replacing Kerith on the Geno Show?

I realize this may sound a bit nieve, but some of us (specially in other parts of the country) don't know who "Justine Ward" is. I certainly didn't so I googled her. Here's a brief bio I found on her:

Justine Ward is an Anchor/Host and Reporter for SNY in New York City.

Justine joined SNY from SEC country where she was covering news and sports as an Anchor/Reporter for KNWA/Fox 24 in Fayetteville, Arkansas. There she covered breaking news, politics and crime, and the Arkansas Razorbacks, including extensive coverage of the team's bowl appearances after the 2014 and 2015 seasons. She also traveled to cover the American Idol Finale for Nexstar's Fox affiliates across the country.

Justine graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Notre Dame. From there, she made stops in her hometown of St. Louis and in Los Angeles, where she worked in news and also as a print and commercial model while pursuing her journalism career.

Justine is a former competitive Irish dancer and musician. Growing up close to her brother, Justine was also always interested in sports and comes from a very sports-centered family. Justine was captain of her high school girl’s lacrosse team and also played club in college. Justine’s brother Lee went onto play fullback at Stanford University, where he was Captain of the 2014 team. He also had a brief stint in the NFL, getting picked up as an undrafted free agent for the Carolina Panthers.

Justine credits her work ethic and success in part to her family's resiliency in the face of family hardship as a teenager. Justine's family came together to work through tough financial circumstances in the economic downturn following the September 11th terror attacks in 2001. Her Dad went through two corporate downsizings, resulting in the loss of her childhood home. Her parents’ message of perseverance and hard work would serve Justine well in future endeavors.

Reaction Score
I realize this may sound a bit nieve, but some of us (specially in other parts of the country) don't know who "Justine Ward" is. I certainly didn't so I googled her. Here's a brief bio I found on her:

Justine Ward is an Anchor/Host and Reporter for SNY in New York City.

Justine joined SNY from SEC country where she was covering news and sports as an Anchor/Reporter for KNWA/Fox 24 in Fayetteville, Arkansas. There she covered breaking news, politics and crime, and the Arkansas Razorbacks, including extensive coverage of the team's bowl appearances after the 2014 and 2015 seasons. She also traveled to cover the American Idol Finale for Nexstar's Fox affiliates across the country.

Justine graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Notre Dame. From there, she made stops in her hometown of St. Louis and in Los Angeles, where she worked in news and also as a print and commercial model while pursuing her journalism career.

Justine is a former competitive Irish dancer and musician. Growing up close to her brother, Justine was also always interested in sports and comes from a very sports-centered family. Justine was captain of her high school girl’s lacrosse team and also played club in college. Justine’s brother Lee went onto play fullback at Stanford University, where he was Captain of the 2014 team. He also had a brief stint in the NFL, getting picked up as an undrafted free agent for the Carolina Panthers.

Justine credits her work ethic and success in part to her family's resiliency in the face of family hardship as a teenager. Justine's family came together to work through tough financial circumstances in the economic downturn following the September 11th terror attacks in 2001. Her Dad went through two corporate downsizings, resulting in the loss of her childhood home. Her parents’ message of perseverance and hard work would serve Justine well in future endeavors.
I trust that Geno shall treat her as a hostile interviewer? Perhaps she's a spy for Miss Muffet!

Carnac

Reaction Score
Well, thanks!

However ...hopefully I won't have to maintain this reporting pace for too much longer. The truth of the matter is I'm stuck at home, and have been for close to two weeks, while I recover from pneumonia. It's a bummer. I'm forced to exist at a much slower and weakened pace than is my norm. Slowly improving though.

But still, I must do something. So UConn WBB gets a lot of my time. It's a low stress endeavor. (good thing we didn't lose to IUP though, that would have been an really unhealthy strain)

Again, though, thanks much for the flowers. I'm pleased that others find the info informative/enjoyable. I would, if roles were reversed. So that's a motivating factor.

Cheers!

I wish you a speedy recovery, and hope you get all the color back in your cheeks very soon. It's easy to become consumed with the content of the boneyard.
On days I've had nothing to do, I've spent 4-5 hours in here reading and responding to comments. The yard can become very addictive.

Reaction Score
upload_2016-11-3_12-10-24.png

upload_2016-11-3_12-16-27.png

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
I trust that Geno shall treat her as a hostile interviewer? Perhaps she's a spy for Miss Muffet!

Could be. Miss Muffet has a legion of loyal spies EVERYWHERE. :eek:

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I was just on Cockytalk a second ago talking about how amazing it is that the Ohio State vs South Carolina game will also not be televised...

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Java - Hope your recovery is going well and that you are back to your old self soon. Really appreciate all the good items you post. THANK YOU!!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
The truth of the matter is I'm stuck at home, and have been for close to two weeks, while I recover from pneumonia. It's a bummer. I'm forced to exist at a much slower and weakened pace than is my norm. Slowly improving though.

Last December, I was knocked loopy by the same illness. Three miserable months. I hope you recover faster than I did. Almost became one of those who didn't last long enough to see the Cubs win it all. I kept busy doing online historical research and spending a lot of time here on the BY, and got better acquainted with the dogpack of great folks here.

Reaction Score
Well, thanks!

Cheers!

Reaction Score
Java man - seem to have messed up here in trying to add my thanks to you and my best wishes for your continued, prompt and full recovery....and stay well.

Reaction Score
Java man - seem to have messed up here in trying to add my thanks to you and my best wishes for your continued, prompt and full recovery....and stay well.

A gentleman you are, thank you, appreciate that. :)

FYI (if you go back to the 1st of your 2 posts -- within the first 15 minutes [you still have time] -- you'll see on the very bottom left you have the option to edit or delete [see below]. And if you delete, it just goes away. All must be done within 15 minutes of your original post though)

upload_2016-11-3_16-12-39.png

Reaction Score
And yet, and yet, despite the fact that the linked schedule mentions a "Season preview show," I can find NO place on the web -- not on SNY's website nor this one nor any other -- providing the pertinent details, like on what day and at what time? I can't just tell my DVR, "Ok, if there's ever a show that's called something like UConn women's basketball preview show on SNY, record that thing." It's rather persnickety about insisting I give it a date and time.

Does ANYONE have this information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall